26: Unconsciously...

Nagisa pov:

Today is a Saturday. I thought it would be nice if I brought Hiyuri out for a picnic. I did promise her we would try something relaxing.

I pressed the bell on the door and it opens after a while. Koro sensei was the one who opened it. And... for the first time... I wonder is it because koro sensei has a human face now... I can sense it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

He feels... worried.

And he speaks " Nagisa. That picnic. Let's go. Just the two of us. Aguri and Hiyuri went on a shopping trip. This concerns Hiyuri." This tone... I can confirm. He is serious.

Nagisa: hai.
_________________________________

Koro sensei: Nagisa. What do you like? Macaroons? Coffee brownies?

Nagisa: coffee brownies.

Koro sensei : a loyal fan as usual.

Nagisa: ... ha... I guess.

Koro sensei: Nagisa. I'm worried.

He said it. I'm worried. I wasn't wrong just now.

Nagisa: eh? About?

Koro sensei: Hiyuri. She took so much effort to reach for you. So much effort to live next to you.

Nagisa: Rias... huh? Koro sensei.

Koro sensei: so you picked it up.

Nagisa: she smiled. Unconsciously I think. When she spoke of Rias. Like an eagerness to meet Rias. Rias is my mama. I wasn't lying. She said.

Koro sensei: I see...

Nagisa: what did she do? Koro sensei.

Koro sensei: I... saw that face.

Nagisa: that face?

Koro sensei: not the blank one. These days she's been making a lot of stew. Cutting up a lot of things.

Nagisa: ^ _^'''' oh. I see.

Koro sensei: and... that face she makes when cuts those carrots and stuff. The way she uses her knife cutting through those things quickly. Excited. And like she was polishing her skill.

Nagisa: so... that means... to Hiyuri. Rias was more than an addiction.

Koro sensei: probably a complicated relationship. Hiyuri probably hasn't realised it yet. She'll just tell you she's feeling really happy these days.

Nagisa:.... Hiyuri...
_________________________________

I returned home to see three things. One, guns and knives on the table. Two, a slab of pork being sliced thinly into pieces placed on the table. Three, akabane karma.

Karma: yo.

Nagisa : karma. Where's Hiyuri?

Karma: Rias and Hiyuri. They have a special connection. Don't they?

Nagisa: ah. Why?

Karma: she saved me today. No... more like she came to chase someone today. Using herself as bait.

Nagisa: what do you mean?

Karma: you should ask her. She's been in the shower till now. When we came back, she took out a pork from the freezer and starting slicing it with those knives on the table. Killing knives. Then walked into your room and showered. Until now. Hear that? The sounds of the shower.

Nagisa: and you've been waiting here since forever?

Karma: I kind of finished the drinks in your fridge if that's what you mean.

Nagisa: oh. Then... you stayed so long for what?

Karma: what if she did something suicidal? Oh wait. She can't die. I want to know the relationship.

That's when I heard my name "Nagisa. And karma, get out."

Karma: hai hai.
.
.
.
.
I walked into my room " Hiyuri." She sat at the bed with that troubled face with a towel covering her body. I sat beside her " Hiyuri."

Hiyuri: today I... went to the supermarket to get some ham ... I unconsciously walked ....

To the dark alley behind the mall two blocks away with my ear plugs and music on. That supermarket was in the next city. I drove all the way without thought...

Bought guns and knives thinking it would be a good collection.

Unconsciously drove back and gone to karma's office. Didn't know how I got there... but when I realised it ... I thought it would be good to visit him.

And... when there was an aim on karma... I smiled. My heart thumped faster... I... was happy.

Let me get hit. I'll then know where's the person mama sent. Where's mama . I... am going back...

Her tears flowed " how..."