05

TAYLOR

After the night at the party, Justin and I didn't see each other all summer. But that didn't stop me from thinking about him. He was too drunk to remember that night and I was too afraid to bring it up to him or to mess with Sel, so it was to never be spoken of again.

Senior year

The year had come, finally

The year had come, finally. My last year of high school, ever. Justin was only in one of my classes but we resumed hanging out after school every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The funny thing was, our friendship didn't go past that. It seemed to be constrained to school unless he was with my brother. I assumed it was because he was embarrassed to be with me and also because of Selena and her control issues.

A boy named Adam, who was very popular, pulled me aside after a football game one day and asked me to homecoming. I should have said no, I knew I would regret it if I said yes. But the poor guy brought me flowers and made some kind of romantic gesture to convince me to go with him. This all guilted me into going with him. He was a true asshole, but he was really cute and I figured why not.

In late November, the dance came and I dreaded the entire thing. My dress was a dark purple and tight which I matched with dark purple pumps.

Adam arrived at my house 20 minutes before the dance started and my mother forced us to take pictures and smile big! Of course, Adam knew Zack so they talked the entire time before we left, completely ignoring my existence

Adam arrived at my house 20 minutes before the dance started and my mother forced us to take pictures and smile big! Of course, Adam knew Zack so they talked the entire time before we left, completely ignoring my existence. The ride over was extremely awkward as Adam and I never talked prior to the dance other than when he asked what color dress I was wearing so that we could match. His choosing for who to bring to the dance was awfully strange especially because I was known for being a homebody and not a partier.

When we arrived at the dance, I was feeling good, I felt presentable and pretty for once and I was going to make the best out of my situation. We took our seats at table 17 which quickly filled with other jocks like Chaz and his date Alaina, Ryan and his date Jessica and 3 other girls I had no interest in paying attention to. Adam still hadn't uttered a single word, which was okay because I didn't care to speak to him anyway. So, I sat quietly, while Chaz and Adam spoke sports.