11

TAYLOR

DAY OF SHOW

Today is the day. The day we have been working towards for 2 months now. Today is the day.

"Let's go alreadyyyyy." Christina groans.

"It's only 1." I say laughing.

"Let's go anyway, I am too excited to sit around this damn hotel room to wait any longer." Christina says.

"I agree, I am about to leave." Jasmine says.

"Okay, okay fine." I say and grab my dance bag.

We grab a taxi and head to the venue. Upon our arrival, we notice all of the girls already lined up for the show that doesn't start until 7:30.

"Damn." I say as it all becomes a reality.

I walk to the dancer's lounge room, start stretching and put my headphones separating myself from the chaos going on outside of the lounge. As I sit on the floor stretching my right leg, I feel a finger tap my shoulder. I turn to find Justin with a goofy smile on his face. His long blonde hair dangled over his eyes as I remove a headphone to hear what he has to say.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Why are you alone?" He asks.

"I like being alone" I say simply.

"Well I am going to intrude on your alone-ness." He says and sits beside me stretching as well

I roll my eyes and crack a smile. "Okay."

"Are you excited?" He asks.

"Nervous." I say.

"For what? You are going to do great!" He says smiling.

"I hope so." I say, continuing to stretch my leg.

"Are you nervous?" I ask.

"A little." He says messing with his long hair.

"You shouldn't be, you are going to kill it." I say and smile.

"Thanks." He smiles back. "I have been meaning to ask you, have you talked to Zack recently?"

"Yeah a few weeks ago I told him that I made it on the tour and that I won championships but not since. He was supposed to be home for Christmas but he couldn't make it."

"Really? Thats too bad, maybe he will be able to make it to one of the shows though. I would love to see him again, I miss him." Justin says.

"Me and you both." I say sadly. "I miss him a lot."

"I know, you too were always so close." Justin says.

Zack joined the army over a year ago now, and I haven't seen him for almost an entire year. I miss him more than anything, and despite the occasional skype call, it feels like forever since I have last talked to him. It just isn't the same through a computer screen.

"Yeah.." I say, my voice trailing off.

"All dancers to the stage for rehearsal, all dancers to the stage." A voice on the over speaker says.

"Thats you!" Justin says.

"Thats me." I say and jump up.

"Go kill it." He says and I smile and nod before walking out.

We run through the show without any mistakes or errors and at the end we all hug each other proud. The tour hasn't even started and we are already closer than ever. Around 4, I meet with Florido who does everyone's hair and, Jessica who does my make up. My hair is up in a braided bun and my makeup is done by the time I leave the room. I slide on my outfit for the first song and go through the moves to kill time.