57

TAYLOR

December 15th 2016

After the submission of my resignation papers, a meeting had to be scheduled. A meeting in which the members of the tour management go over my resignation request. They can't refuse to allow me to leave, however they can make persuade me to stay. The meeting is just a formality, I keep reminding myself. However, bias is sure to set in making this meeting all but formal.

I have made a distinctive request to keep Justin out of the decision making process, as he can definitely make this process much more difficult. In fact, absolutely nobody knows of my decision to resign besides the committee and I make every effort to keep it this way.

Today is the beginning of the end for me. The end of the purpose tour chapter in my life. As I head into the conference room, I keep in mind all of the reasons I am leaving and try not to let all of the things that persuade me to stay, change my mind. I take a seat at the head of the table as the rest of the members take their seats as well. The tour manager and the organization committee gather around as well as Nick and the other dance managers. Nick had a look of sadness and disappointment across his face, making me feel guilty.

"Taylor.." Nick says and begins shaking his head. "Don't do this."

"Nick, we can not let our personal feelings influence this meeting." The overall tour manager says before turning back to me.

"As the overseeing manager of this tour, it is my job to ensure a safe workplace. For a member of the tour to up right decide to leave, it concerns our team that there was a possibility you did not feel safe in the environment-"

"It was nothing like that" I interrupt.

"Then why?" Nick asks which sends him a glare from the other management members.

Suddenly the door swings open and Justin stands on the other side, clearly upset. I look from Justin to Nick back to Justin again.

"Taylor you can't do this" Justin shakes his head fast.

"Nick, I thought we agreed to keep this to ourselves" I say looking at Nick.

"I don't know how he found out." Nick shrugs.

"Taylor, you shouldn't leave just because of us." Justin says.

"I am not leaving because of us." I say.

"Justin, this meeting doesn't concern you" The tour manager intervenes.

"This meeting does concern me considering this is my tour! I should be included in the decision making!" Justin says angrily.

"The only person who is going to be making any decisions here is me!" I shout.

"And your decision should be to stay. Tay, this is stupid-" Justin starts but I interrupt.

"My decision is to go and that is final!" I stand up, furious.

"If she goes, so do I" Justin turns to the tour manager.

"Now hold on-" the tour manager starts.

"Justin you can't just leave, this is your tour." I say.