58

TAYLOR

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" I yell nervously.

"Don't freak out." Justin says calmly as he pulls his phone out to put on the flash light.

"Fuck, we are stuck. We are fucking stuck in this very tiny area." I say breathing very fast. Did I forget to mention that both Justin and I are claustrophobic?

"Taylor, if you freak out I am going to freak out so please don't freak out." Justin says softly.

"Somebody is going to come and get us out of here." Justin says and begins calling Scooter.

I cling to the railing on the wall and try to focus on my breathing and rather on the fact that we are stuck in an enclosed area.

"Shit he isn't answering. I'll try Mikey." Justin says before turning to me and asking "Did it just get really hot in here?" I look up at him to find beads of sweat developing on his forehead. His face is beet red as if he has been running for an hour.

"Justin, you're sweating." I say slowly as the call attempts to connect.

"Listen, somebody is going to come okay." Justin says but I am not sure if hes more trying to reassure himself or me.

"I'm going to try and call Aubree or Devan" I decide and take my phone out and begin calling Aubree.

"Tay, where are you?" Aubree asks once the call has connected. I put it on speaker so Justin can hear as well.

"The elevator just stopped working, the power went out and Justin and I are stuck in here. Please send help, we are both freaking out in here." I say quickly.

"Hold on, slow down. Are you guys okay?" Aubree asks concerned.

"We wont be if we have to wait in here much longer, please go get help. Call the fire department or something we need to get out of here." I say nervously.

"Okay, help is on the way, stay calm."  Aubree says.

"Tell Scooter too please, he isn't answering my calls." Justin includes before we disconnect the call.

After a few minutes of nothing, Justin begins pacing in circles around the elevator as I sit in the middle with my head in my palms.

"Are you okay?" Justin asks as he paces.

"Are you?" I ask.

"I asked first" he says.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Yeah, so am I." He says.

Neither of us believed each other.

"It has been like 10 minutes, call again." Justin suggests.

"Justin its only been 3 minutes." I say displaying the time on my phone.

"Really? It feels longer." Justin says and I can hear his breathing suddenly fasten.

"Stop pacing, you're freaking me out!" I say.

"What else am I supposed to do?" He asks agitated.

"Okay we need to keep ourselves occupied because I am on the verge of going into panic mode and so are you." I say.

"Well what the hell are we going to do?" Justin asks just as his phone lights up displaying a FaceTime request from Scooter.

Justin quickly accepts it and waits impatiently for the call to connect. Once it does, Scooter asks frantically if we are okay.

"We are managing but we seriously need to get out of here fast." Justin says a little panicky.

"The police and fire departments are on the way, we are going to get you two out of there. Try not to freak out." Scooter says which makes Justin chuckle.