07

TAYLOR

I sit on the stage impatiently as they read the names of the adult winners.

"Best contemporary adult duet goes to, contestant 888 and 675!" I stand up with Max excitedly, my heart pounding in my chest as I pull him in for a hug. We recieve our reward and then return to our spot on the stage.

"Best self choreographed solo goes to contestant 888!"

"Best jazz solo goes to contestant 888!"

"Best overall dancer of the entire championship goes to..." The room grows silent. I sit impatiently praying they call my name.

"TAYLOR PALMER!" My name rings through the speakers. I have never won an entire national championship before, it feels like a dream. I stand, as if on cue and walk in a daze towards the judges. I shake all their hands and receive a medal, flowers and the biggest trophy I have ever laid eyes on. I standbefore all of the dancers and look out at my parents who were standing and crying. If only Zack could see this great achievement, I know he would be so proud.

"Taylor blew our judges away with her magnificent solo's and her fantastic duet. She received the most recruits of the competition and has been spoken very highly of by her fellow dancers as well as instructors. Give it up for Taylor, everybody." The audience stood up all at once clapping loudly. Tears fill my eyes as I start to realize the award I just won. It was then I realized what I really wanted to do with my life.

The ceremony ends and I meet my proud parents and Chloe in the lobby of the building. I am still speechless. Chloe runs to me and hugs me tight repeating how proud and happy she is for me.

"Thank you." I say overwhelmed.

"I can't believe this happened." I say to my parents.

I go around giving hugs and thanking them after they repeatedly say how proud they are of me.

"Look at all of these letters." I say opening my dance bag. I have maybe 100 letters of companies wishing to recruit me.

"Taylor, we are so proud of you." My mother says once more.

When we arrived back at the hotel, I start to go through all of the mail. Chloe sat beside me, taking half of the pile while I read the other half.

"TAYLOR." Chloe stands up on the bed with a letter in her hand. "TAYLOR." She shouts once more.

"WHAT?" I ask startled.

"NICK DEMOURA ALONG WITH THE OTHER DIRECTORS OF THE PURPOSE TOUR WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO JOIN US ON JUSTIN BIEBER'S PURPOSE TOUR FOR OUR JOURNEY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE COME TO OUR AUDITION AND INTERVIEWS SO YOU CAN MEET JUSTIN AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE DANCERS AND RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR." Chloe says reading from the letter. "TAYLOR YOU JUST GOT INVITED TO JUSTIN FUCKING BIEBER'S TOUR." She screams in my face.

"Holy shit." I stand from the bed and begin pacing.

"ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?" She asks. "TAYLOR WHY ARE YOU HESITATING."

"BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T KNOW." I shout back attempting to digest what she just read to me.

"Why are you guys screaming?" My mother asks with my father concerned standing behind her.

"She has been asked to dance for Justin Bieber's Purpose Tour." Chloe says to them.

I look directly at my mother as her eyes dart from Chloe to me as she finishes. "Tay.."

"I know.."

"That's true love." My mother says her smile growing.

"What?" Chloe asks confused.