Part Two | The Silence

Girls pov

I wish I didn't cry all the time. I've sat in this cage for hours, just crying silently to myself. The bleeding from the cut on my forehead eventually dried, but the pain is still consistent. My lack of food, water, and sleep has started to get to me, causing me to feel lightheaded. Though the forest is still dark, I can tell by the shadows that it's now morning.

A twig snaps from my left, pulling me from my thoughts. Pan appears in the forest with his arms crossed in front of his chest. He silently walks over to my cage and kneels down to meet my eyes, but I tear my gaze from his. I hear him let out a sigh, his fingers griping the bars of the cage.

"Still ignoring me?" I simply keep my head turned away from him, sending him a message that I don't want to talk to him.

"You know, darling, the sooner you tell me your name and who you are, the sooner I can let you out of this cage." When I didn't move, he saw his words had no effect on me.

"Well, you must be thirsty." Slowly and carefully, I looked back at him as he held up a small wooden cup of water. After eyeing the cup, I shifted my eyes back to him and shook my head. He scrunched his brows, but seemed to read my thoughts. He took a swallow of the water and smiled.

"See, I'm not going to go so low as to poison you." He held the cup out again, and when I was positive he wasn't going to pass out or fall dead on the ground, I slipped my hand through the small opening of the cage wall and took the cup. He could tell my hands were shaking, proving his suspension of how petrified I was. I moved my brown bangs out of my face to so they wouldn't get in my water, but I soon remembered the cut on my forehead, so I quickly lowered my head.

"What happened to your face?" His voice was a mystery to me, so soft, yet so sure of itself. I handed him the cup, doing my best to avoid the question, but as I gave him the cup he grabbed my hand. I jolted back in surprise, the chains around my wrists rattling around.

"I'm sorry, little one. I meant no harm, but if your not going to talk, then I'll have to figure you out. Please, give me your hands." Though I was still unsure about him, I pushed my hands through the opening. Pan gently ran his fingers over my palms, examining the new bruises and cuts on them. His eyes darken in a single motion, making me shutter with fear. I pulled my hands back and crossed them over my chest.

"Did the boys push you in here? Did they hurt you?" I kept my arms crossed and dipped my head down. I shivered when his long, slender fingers curled under my chin, his eyes begging me to look at him.

"I promise you won't get in trouble. I won't let anyone get you, but you've got to tell the truth. Did the boys hurt you?" With a small nod of my head, Pan clenched his fists together, standing with his head held high in the air. I knew by the look on the his face, that he isn't someone you want to make an enemy with. He was about ready to storm off back to his camp, but stopped and with a simple wave of his hand, the chains around my wrists disappeared.

"Those aren't necessary. I promise you, little one, the boys won't be touching you again."

Third person pov

Pan stalked off into the woods, his face red with furry. The boys had broken what little trust she had for him. If things continued like this, he'd never find out anything about her, not even her name. But the problem was, he wanted to know everything about her. He wanted to be the one she'd run to, the one to sooth and comfort her. He wanted her complete trust, but at the same time, he wanted to break down her walls. To rip her apart piece by piece and rebuild her the way he wanted. Maybe it was her innocence that fascinated him. He didn't care. All he knew was because of her interesting, child like innocence, he could easily claim her as his. He didn't have to fight with her, she would mould perfectly into his every need. Pan loved he idea of this girl needing his protection. He normally would be annoyed if he had to constantly look after a lost boy, but he wanted to take the time to hold the girl and comfort her. It was the very fact she could so easily belong to him that he wanted her to belong to him so badly. She would be his. And Peter Pan takes care of what belongs to him.

When he reached his camp, the boys instantly hushed, only to have Pan start yelling and screaming at them. He found Felix and the two lost boys of his that took his little mystery to the cage and lashed out at the 10 times worse.

"You cannot treat her like a regular prisoner!" He paced back and forth in front of all the boys, he thought it best to give them all the speech early.

"It was my fault, Pan. I should have listened to your exact orders." Felix knew precisely how to take the blame without getting his hands chopped off. He would constantly take fault for things that were not completely his doing, just because Pan knew he would never disobey his direct orders.

"Yes, you should have! She's innocent and scared. I'm practically trying to pry information out of her as it is! She's not one of you boys that you can horse around with! She has to trust me and you have to listen! Am I understood?" The boys gave quick nods and a mixture of 'yes Pan' and 'of course sir'.

"Why are you protecting a dumb girl, Pan?" Pan was furious. One of his boys had the nerve to question him, something rarely done. Those who double cross him never live to tell the tale. Pan turned to the boy, the surround lost boys eyes wide and Pans fist clenched at his sides.

"Well, no ones protecting you." With that, Pan shoved his hand into the boys chest and ripped out his red, beating heart. The boy dropped on his knees in front of Pan, gasping for air.

"I. Am not. To be. Questioned." He crushed the heart in his hand, ash sprinkling onto the ground as the boys life less body fell as Pans feet.

"Unless you all can listen to my orders, you can join him." Pan stalked to his tree house to see if he could find anything to help with his mystery.

But little did Pan know, there was a innocent little girl locked in a cage, that was watching the whole thing. She watched as Pan murdered the boy and walked away without a care in the world. She started to feel safe with him, but then she saw his true self, and the poor thing was terrified.

Hope you liked the new chapter!!!!!!!!!!! Please make sure to vote!! Let me know what you think! Do you think she'll ever trust Pan? 💚