Part Twenty One | The Captor of her Heart

Third Person POV

Night time in Neverland didn't bring nightmares. It was a nightmare in itself. The creatures that passed through the forest in the night, the chanting of the lost boys, and the sad, haunting melody that came forth from Pan's flute. Everyone was asleep apart from Eden. She had too much to think about. Her childhood friend was the father of the boy that Pan kidnapped. He was still in love with the savior, who also had Hook pining for her. Snow and Charming were practically begging for her forgiveness for having her sent to Neverland in the first place, and the Evil Queen finally loved someone. Her mind was a jumbled mess. 

Eden slowly sat up from her pallet on the ground, glancing over at the group of adults that were sleeping. She wasn't going to be able to get any rest of this point. All she could think about was Peter. Why did he want Henry? If he wanted him to join the lost boys, he wouldn't have brought him in the way that he did. There was something else to it. She just couldn't figure out what it was. She felt as if she hardly knew him anymore. 

Letting out a sigh, the brunette stood up and began walking into the forest. She sat down at the edge the cliff, staring down at the dark jungle. Neverland had been her home for years, however after she lost Peter and the boys, she was hardly living. 

"It's a bit late for you to be up, little one." A familiar voice whispered from behind her. If only she could pretend that he still loved her... But it was a fantasy she had given up on long ago. Eden said nothing, not even turning back towards him. It hurt too badly to see him, to think of him. She heard his footsteps coming closer, a breath facing from his lips as he sat down next to her, both pairs of their legs dangling off the cliff. 

"What do you want with Henry?" Eden asked, but didn't avert her eyes from the jungle. She didn't know why he had come to talk to her, but she knew that he had a reason for everything.

"I can't tell you that. Especially not now that you're working with them. You don't even know them. Why help them?" Pan questioned, scoffing at her decision. 

"Because... when they defeat you, they're taking me home with them. There is nothing left for me on this island. And I won't stay here any longer. Not with you." She muttered, standing up quickly. Eden began walking back to camp, but was stopped when he grabbed her arm. He stood towering over her, his eyes full of anger. 

"What makes you think I would ever let you go?" He hissed at her, his grip on her arm growing stronger as the seconds passed. Eden turned back towards him, her eyes narrowed. She just didn't understand. She ripped her arm away, pushing him backwards. 

"If you hate me as much as you claim, you'd let me go. Let me leave this island. Have your shadow take me back. I don't care. I just can't spend anymore time here. You despise me now. Fifty years I've spent hoping I could make you love me again, but I'm done trying now, Peter. Because I realized you're just like my mother. You're cruel, you're heartless, and all you care about is yourself and your power." Eden hissed, her hands trembling as she spoke. Pan visibly tensed, anger beginning to appear all across his features. He hated her mother. Being compared to her made him furious. Yet, he kept himself contained. For a moment, they were both silent. They were completely still. The wind blowing through their hair was the only movement. Until, Pan stepped forward again and sighed. 

"I never hated you, Eden." He whispered, grabbing ahold of her hand. She didn't react. She wanted to believe him so badly... but he had changed. 

"I hate myself. I couldn't save my mother. It was easier to blame you than to move on. I never stopped loving you. Ive thought of you everyday. I love you, Eden." Pan whispered. Eden's heart pounded within her chest. Was this really real? He actually did love her...? She wanted it to be true so badly that she couldn't even see how foolish she was being. 

"Why didn't you just let me help you? I would have done anything to help you, Peter. You could have trusted me. I was never out to hurt you." Eden sighed, her eyes filling with tears. Pan pulled her in closer, laying a soft kiss on her temple. It was as if he was back to how he used to be... perhaps his hatred for her was only a facade... He might love her again. 

"Oh, Eden... You're too easy..." Pan snickered. Eden furrowed her eyebrows, still hugging him tightly. Until... 

A sharp pain hit Eden in the chest, a gasp falling from her lips. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. Pan shoved her back after a moment, chuckling as she fell onto the ground. It took a moment for her to recollect herself, and when she looked up, there was Pan with a glowing heart in his hand. She looked down at her own chest, panting. She felt more empty and more numb than she had in a long time. 

"My, my, darling. I'm quite surprised. You have a fair amount of darkness in you." The boy chuckled, examining her heart. He was right. While the majority was a red, glowing heart, there was undeniable darkness. She had faced so much heart break. How could there not be?

"You're a liar." Eden cried, tears running down her cheeks. "Burn in hell." She snapped at him. She had never been more angry, and more heart broken in her life, but it was as if she couldn't feel it. She knew how much he had hurt her, but there was an unnatural numbness she couldn't explain. 

"Now, now, Eden. I think we both know you'd miss me too much for that. I will admit, I wasn't planning on this happening, but your mother did kill mine. You can serve me to make up for her actions." He smirked. Nothing that had happened was Eden's fault. Why was she having to carry the burden?

"Why won't you just let me go?" Eden sobbed and pulled her knees up to her chest. Pan walked closer to her, grabbing her chin. He lifted her head, forcing her to look at him. 

"I thought I told you a long time ago... You belong to this island. Which means, you belong to me. Lost girl." Pan grinned, taking a step back. He lifted her heart up to his lips.

"Now, run back to your camp and don't say a word about this to anyone. I'll be in contact when I need you to do something." After he spoke, Eden instantly stood up and began walking back to camp. She couldn't stop herself and she couldn't say a word. All she could do was carry the heart ache of being betrayed yet again...

It was cruel, using her love against her. But Pan knew what he wanted. And he was determined not to fail...

Peter Pan Never Fails...