Part Eleven | The Love Realization

Thank you shazada1 for the amazing new cover!!!

Please check out my new book "EverLasting." It's getting pretty intense! Don't miss it!

Third Person POV

Pan was beyond furious. Bae had put Eden in danger and Pan had never hated Bae more. He had trust Bae, given him the chance be there for Eden when he couldn't, but Bae had stabbed him in the back. Perhaps it was the fact that Eden's safety was at risk that made him so livid. He didn't care. All he knew was that Baelfire deserved to be punished. 

Pan walked into Baelfire's tent, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, glaring at the boy. Pan's eyes were dark, his usual emerald green orbs almost black as the night. Bae's eyes widened as he stared at Pan, keeping silent. The look in Pan's eyes could give children nightmares for months, but in hopes to save his life, Bae didn't snap at him like he usually would have. 

"Did you really think you could pull something like that on my island and I wouldn't find out about it?" Pan growled, his voice dangerously low. Bae was disappointed that he and Eden couldn't escape, but his disappointment disappeared and was replaced with fear. 

"No, I just didn't care." He replied smartly, making Pans fist clench around Bae's shirt. How could Baelfire call himself Eden's friend, but then be so selfish. The stunt that he pulled could have killed Eden if Pan wasn't there for her. 

"I trusted you, Baelfire." Pan said disappointedly, making Bae furrow his eyebrows. 

"I trusted you with the most precious creature on this island. Does Eden's life really mean nothing to you?" Pan asked furiously. In Pans eyes, Eden was an innocent, delicate flower that needed to be protected and taken care of. He saw it as both his honor and his responsibility to take care of her. If someone tried to step in the way or harm Eden, they may as well consider themselves dead. 

"Of course I do." Baelfire said, taken aback by Pan's question. Perhaps if he wasn't so desperate to get off the island, then he would have acknowledged what he did wrong. But Bae was to stubborn to admit it and Pan was to prideful to just let him leave. 

"You almost killed her. Her magic is powerful, much to powerful for her to handle if it was forced upon her." Pan's fist tightened around Bae. "I don't think you know how much I want to rip your heart out and crush it, Baelfire." Pan growled, jabbing his finger in Bae's chest. Pan wanted to kill him, to get him out of the way so he could have Eden completely to himself. But he couldn't...

"I won't though. For Eden. If she didn't care about you, you would already be dead. Consider your friendship with her the only thing keeping you alive." He said, dropping Bae's shirt. Pan turned on his heel, ready to leave the tent until Baelfire stopped him. 

"Friendship? Thats a very specific word, Pan." Bae said, making Pan freeze, his eyebrows furrowing into a straight line. He felt his fists clench, his knuckles turning white in anger. Slowly, Pan turned around, locking eyes with Baelfire. 

"What do you mean?" He asked, making Bae cross his arms over his chest. They were both extremely stubborn and that wasn't helping the situation at all. 

"I think you're just jealous of me and Eden." In that moment, Pan began to shake with anger. He just wanted to scream. There was no love on NeverLand. Nothing good ever came to this island. That is until Eden came. 

"You're jealous because you know how I feel about her, but you won't admit it to yourself. I love Eden." Bae snapped. That was enough to make Pan kill him right then and there. Pan could feel his finger nails cutting through his palm, causing little droplets of blood to form on his hands. 

"I see the way you look at her. The way you are constantly at her side, following her like her little lost puppy. I've seen it all. You aren't thinking of Eden, you are only thinking of yourself. You hate me...because you love Eden too." Pan stood there in shock, mentally denying everything Baelfire had just said. He wasn't in love with Eden, there was no way he could ever love. 

"There is no love in NeverLand." He said softly, walking out of the tent without another word. The only thing that Pan was truly sure of now, was that he needed to separate Bae and Eden as best he could. He couldn't let Eden fall for Bae. He would only break her heart later. 

Pan unclenched his fist, hissing in pain as he opened his palms. Crimson red blood dripped from his hands, making him sigh in disappointment of his own actions. He heard a tent opening. He didn't need to turn to know that it was Eden. He felt her light, innocent presence wherever she went on the island. 

"Pan...What happened to you?" Eden asked, quickly running up to him. She grabbed his wrist, examining the cuts on his hands. Patiently, she waited for an answer. Pan sighed. There was no way he could tell her what Bae had said, but he wouldn't lie to her. 

"I'm fine Eden. Really, little one. Don't worry about me." He said, brushing off the question. Eden frowned, holding onto his wrist as she pulled him into his tent. 

"Just let me help you." She said, making Pan sigh. He nodded his head, sitting down on top of his desk. He watched Eden scurry around the room, gathering a few bandages and rubbing alcohol. She set it down on the table that he sat on and walked in front of him, wiping the wet blood off his hands. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Eden asked, not taking her eyes off his cuts. Pan had hoped she wouldn't ask again, but she was clearly very curious. He sighed once more, shrugging his shoulders as he looked around his tent to distract himself. 

"My own carelessness. I promise I'm okay." He said, but then hissed in pain. He took in a sharp breath, looking down at his hands as Eden poured the alcohol on them. She whispered a soft "sorry" and started wrapping up his hands. 

Pan stared at her, admiring how determined she looked as she worked. She was committed to helping him. He could have wasted his magic, healed himself with a single potion, but the fact that she instantly rushed to his aid fascinated him. He felt somewhat honored that she would do something like that for him. 

A smile snuck onto his lips, his eyes softening as he stared at her. He looked at her brown eyes as best he could due to her brunette hair falling in front of her face. She was beautiful, perfect in every way Pan could think of. Her eyes, her smile, her kind spirit. The fact that she gave him a chance. Pan called himself a monster, a blackhearted demon, but when he looked at Eden, he saw how innocent she was. It made him remember how innocent he used to be before the harsh world made him so cold. 

Pans green eyes widened, a wave of fear hitting him suddenly. In that moment, that single second, he realize why he felt all these things about her. He realized why he wanted to protect her, why he was jealous whenever she was with another boy. He realized Bae was right...

Pan was in love with Eden...

A/N:

Oh. My. Goodness. 

I JUST DID THAT. YES. I WENT THERE!!!!!

Im sorry I've been MIA lately. Ive been so so busy. School just started last week for me, so updating has been harder. But I hope you guys liked the chapter!!!!!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!