Part Ten | The Magic, The Escape, and The Intruder

Third Person POV

As Bae and Eden walked back into camp, Eden's mind was flooded with thoughts. She wanted to get away from Hayes, but she couldn't stand the thought of leaving Pan. She didn't know why, yet it seemed as if leaving him would leave gaping holes in both their hearts.

The minute Eden reached the fire pit, all eyes were on her. The boys, including Pan, were very curious. Though Pan didn't know her story win Hayes, he knew Eden would never hurt another person. She was no monster.

"Eden." Bae whispered. "We'll do it while everyone else is at the fire tonight." She nodded her head, watching her friend walk away.

Eden was no longer sure of anything. She didn't know of the boys would except her now, or Baelfire would still be her friend, and Pan... She didn't know what her was to her, but she knew she didn't want to loose him.

But I'm leaving him... She thought. Without a goodbye or a single thank you for the kindness he showed me when I was undeserving...

She sighed, walking over to Pans tent and just staring at it's entrance. She wanted to talk to him, but she didn't know what to say. The girl stood there, fiddling with her fingers to work up the courage to go talk to him.

But Eden just couldn't do it. She didn't know how to face him before she would leave him.

What a coward I am... She scolded herself.

She turned around, beginning to walk away, but she heard someone come out of the tent in what seemed like a hurry. Before the person could stop, their chest came in direct contact with Eden's back, sending her falling towards the forest floor. Yet before Eden could hit the ground, an arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her up and into the persons chest.

A gasp fell from her lips as she grabbed onto the persons arm to steady herself. The. She looked down. She saw the leather wrist cuffs that always reside on his arms.

It was Pan.

"You better be more careful, little one. I can't have you getting hurt." He whispered over her ear. As soon as she steadied herself, Pan released her.

"Did you need something?" He asked, turning her around so he could look at her. As Eden turned to meet to gaze, she couldn't help but notice the warm smile playing upon his lips. She felt her heart sink in her chest.

"N-No. It's nothing." She replied softly. Pan frowned, grabbing her hand.

"You can tell me, Eden. You have no reason to be afraid." Eden felt terrible. She had a reason to be afraid, but he couldn't know that.

"I just wanted to thank you for everything." She smiled, taking a deep breath. "After Hayes came, I just thought everyone would turn on me." Pan chuckled, shaking his head.

"Of course, little one." He replied, not wanting to pester her about her past with Hayes. He knew if she wanted to tell him she would. She slowly nodded her head, turning in her heel and entered her tent. Her mind raced with fear and her conscience pounded at her heart.

"What am I going to do?"

------------------

The fire had been lit in the center of the camp, lighting up every corner of its boundaries that once held shadows. Eden sat on her cot like she had for hours, her knees curled in against her chest. It was safe to say she was terrified. She didn't even know her Bae's plan would work. There was a knock on the pole of Eden's tent. She quietly allowed them inside.

It was Baelfire.

"Are you ready?" Bae asked, a smile lining his lips.

"I don't know. Bae, what if it doesn't work? What will happen to us if-" Bae cut her off by grabbing onto her hand. He stared kindly into her eyes, reassuring her that she was safe, though she didn't feel that way.