Part Twenty Two | The Attack

Third Person POV

It was as if it had never happened. Eden knew exactly what Pan had done to her. It was eating away at her to tell someone what had happened, but she couldn't. He forbade her to. And since he had possession over her heart, she was helpless. He could give her an order from miles away, and she had to follow it. He could crush it and kill her at any point.

"Ready to go?" Killian asked Eden, the sudden loud voice over her shoulder making her jump. She was already on edge. Because of what happened last night, she was afraid that Pan was going to do something the hurt the group trying to rescue the boy.

"Ready." Eden agreed, sighing. She couldn't say a word. She tried to, but they just wouldn't come out. She couldn't tell them her heart was missing. Killian offered his hand to lift her up, but she ignored it and stood up on her own. She didn't forgive him, and she didn't think she ever would. A sigh fell from the pirates lips, but he did not try to argue with her. However, he did take note of her appearance. She looked like she hadn't slept a wink. Her eyes were wide. She was overly alert, even for Neverland.

"Feeling alright, Eden?" He asked. It was in that moment that she felt a sharp pang against her chest. She couldn't speak for herself anymore...

"I'm fine." She said and began gathering her things.

"We're close to the camp. If we keep moving, we should be there by midday. We'll never get there if you all can't get up and get going." Eden said. She was in an even worse mood than yesterday. Getting her heart broken would have been a step up compared to what Peter actually did to her. The secret of what Pan had done was eating away at her.

***

The sound of leaves and branches breaking shot through the jungle as Eden used her cutlass to clear their path. Despite Charming and Hook offering to do so themselves, she continued on. She had grown used to doing everything themselves. 

"Wait. Stop." Emma said, looking down at the map. The group of them came to a pause, glancing down at the map in her hands.

"Great. You got us lost." Regina complained. Pan's compound was now behind them. Eden inwardly huffed. Of course. He liked games, but he never played fair. 

"No she didn't. Pan is moving the camp." Hook said, looking at Eden. The two of them knew how Pan was. Of course, he would act like this. She was not surprised at all.

"We should rest for a while." Eden suggested. "I think there are some things Hook and I should go over with you guys. You don't know exactly what you're dealing with."

The group of them didn't bother making camp, but Regina used her magic to quickly put together a fire. Killian sat down on the ground and looked up at Eden. He pat the ground next to him, offering her a place to sit on the ground. He expected her to turn him down. She had been so furious with him since the day he handed her and Bae over to Pan. Eden couldn't say a word about what Pan did to her. She couldn't write it down or describe it. But if she acted differently to try to show signs that something was wrong, maybe someone would catch on. The girl, also seeking some sort of much needed comfort sat down next to Killian, staring down at the forest floor.

"Pan doesn't play fair. He is cruel. He manipulates words. He's... complicated." Eden said softly. She was trying to think of the best way to try to explain this to a group of people that had no idea what they were really dealing with. Even she didn't know of all of Pan's abilities. 

"He wasn't always horrible. I don't know what his motivation is, but I can promise you, unless we come together as a united group, he will win. He 's too powerful to stop when some of you are too busy fighting with each other. Put aside your differences. Let's all put our pasts with each other aside. We fight, he wins. So let's...lets just all agree to take a break from our emotions right now. Pan is heartless. He doesn't care about emotions. He'll twist ours against us. So forget it for now. Deal?" The young girl said, looking up at the pirate sitting next to her. He was confused. First, she refused to acknowledge his apologies. Now she wanted to put the past behind them? There was something off. Her whole body hunched over in pain after making her comment about Pan's heartlessness. It was too much of a hint at what he'd done to her for his liking.