Part Six | The Best Friend and The Trade

Third person POV

Eden ran as long as she could, but eventually grew very tired. She stopped, sitting down on a log to rest. Pans words were lingering in her mind, making her shake. How could she possibly trust someone who said they own her. Sure, he treated her with respect and he protected her, yet she feared one day he might grow tied of that and leave her to fend for herself, against the boys, against him. Or worse, he would start treating her like a possession or a slave, a puppet he could make dance. The thought terrified her. Her crying and thinking distracted her, causing her not to notice the swigs snapping behind her.

And when she finally came to her senses, she was grabbed from behind, by pirates.

She fought as hard as she could, kicking and screaming, but it was no use. She knew she'd lost. The Pirates chuckled at her silence, though her crying never stopped, and easily hauled her off to their captain.

-------------------------

When the grimy men threw Eden on the ship floor in front of Hook, she stared up at him with her tear filled doe eyes. Confused, Hook stared back at her. He could see in her eyes that they weren't tears of fear caused by him and his crew, they were tears of regret, anger, and worry. Eden dropped her head, fumbling with her fingers.

"Y-you w-were right." Hooks muscles tensed, waiting to see just what she meant. Eden snapped her head up to meat his gaze, taking a deep breath so she wouldn't stumble over her words.

"He's horrible." Hook loosened up a bit, but still wasn't done getting information out of her.

"What's Pan done this time, darling?" Though Hook genuinely wondered, his voice held a mocking, teasing tone to it.

"H-he thinks he o-owns me." Hook smirked slightly, bringing back his villainous look. He knew that if Pan allowed a women on the island, she must either mean something to him, be of value to him, or both. And which ever it was, he wasn't going to let Pan have it.

"Sorry to hear that, love." His words were rushed, he clearly didn't care. That's when he unleashed his sword, placing it on the side of her neck.

"Any last words?" Eden was horrified, to much so to speak. Her fear overtook her mind, making her petite body shake and tremble.

"Guess not." The pirate pulled his sword back, aiming it at her neck. Eden stretched her shoulders, squeezing her eyes shut and awaiting the blow.

"STOP!" Eden's eyes shot open to see a boy, fluffy brown hair, dark hazel eyes, pale skin, with Pirates clothes on, holding onto Hook's arm, not allowing the blade to touch her neck.

"Bae I-" Hook started, but he was cut off by the boy.

"NO! I saw the whole thing! She hasn't done anything wrong! You can't kill her!" The young boy rushed over to Eden, helping her off the ground. She hide herself as best she could behind him, as he held onto her arm.

"Baelfire! She's one of Pans! She could be a spy working for him, she could've come here to-"

"That's a lie! She didn't want to come here! You brought her here!" Bae looked over to Eden, scanning her face with his eyes. He examined the tears streaming down her cheeks along with her shaking.

"She's terrified." Bae's voice cracked, making Hook sigh, slowly putting away his sword.

"What do you want me to do Bae?"

"I want her to stay here, with me." Eden's eyebrows scrunched on her forehead, confused by Baes response.

"If he is really as bad as you say, I won't let you send her back to him." Eden understood fully that Bae meant Pan. Hook clearly didn't want this, he was already harboring Baelfire from Pan, if Pan found him with Bae and Eden, he'd be dead in less then a second. Bae noticed Hooks hesitation.