Part Eight | The Nightmare Begins

Third person POV

Eden was walking through the forest, peacefully looking at the trees for any sign of how to get back to camp, but she was lost. As lost as you could get in the land for the lost. It was dark, dark enough so she could hardly see, it was cold, making her shiver with every movement of the wind.

Suddenly, there was a flash of lightning, causing the birds in the trees above her head to flee, flying away with much noise. Eden picked up her pace, wanting nothing more than be back in camp, safe with Pan and Baelfire.

Another flash of lightning, followed by a deep roll of thunder. It startled her, she felt her heart pounding in her chest. So, she ran, as fast as her legs could take her. For some reason, the only thought she could fully comprehend was she wanted Pan. She wanted his protection, the warm, secure feeling with she got from him, dare she think it, she wanted to be in his arms.

"Eden." A voice called. "Eden." This time, the voice sounded like a sing song, like a child teasing another. It came from behind her, so, she slowly turned her head to see the person it came from, but there was no one there. The second Eden faced the front again, a black silhouette appeared in front of her, causing her to crash strait into them. She fell to the forest floor, but the figure seemed to have taken no effect at all.

"Now, now Eden. Why were you running?" The voice was masculine, loud and booming though the forest. She looked down at the cuff on her wrist, wishing desperately her could protect herself, but her sad reality only made the cloaked figure laugh. Before she knew it, the figure shoved it's hand into her chest, pulling out her red, beating heart.

"Now." He chuckled. "Let's see if a broken heart can still be crushed." Then, the world went black.

Eden shot up in bed, screams constantly leaving her mouth. She was sweating and shaking. It took her a moment to realize it was a dream, but by the time she was calming down, the whole camp was awake. Baelfire and Felix darted straight into her tent. Felix set his lit lantern on her dresser while Bae ran right to her bed side. From behind Baelfire, she could see Pan enter the tent. Without thinking, she jumped out of bed, throwing herself into his arms.

Eden silently sobbed into his chest, hiding from the rest of the world. She didn't want to look weak, because she wasn't, no, she had kept to herself the horrible things she'd witnessed and the things that had been done to her.

Pan closed his arms around her, slowly smoothing down the hair on the back of her head. He held her closely for reassurance that she was safe and he wasn't going anywhere.

All the boys watched in amazement. They had really never seen Pan be so soft, merciful, and caring. It was surprising. Felix waved them all off, telling them to go to bed, not wanting to embarrass Eden. They all followed him out, all except Bae, who was shocked. He was used to comforting her when she had a nightmare when they were aboard the Jolly Roger, but he never dreamed Pan would be the one to soothe her nightmares.

"Eden." He said with a low voice. Eden shivered slightly, just from the mention of her name, to which Pan held her closer.

"Eden, was it-" she cut him off with a nod.

"We talked about it, Eden. It's just a dream."

"I don't want to talk about it right now." She whispered, though it was barely audible due to her face being pressed against Pans chest. But Bae understood, he nodded, saying a small 'goodnight' and left the tent.

Pan and Eden stayed like that for a long time, so long, but they could've stayed like that forever. She eventually moved back, sitting on her bed. Pan sat next to her, running a hand through his already ruffled sandy brown hair.

"Eden."

"Hmmm." He slowly faced her, trying to be as soft and gentle as possible so what he was about to say wouldn't frighten her.

"I know you don't want to talk about it,"

"Pan, please-"

"But I need you to tell me what you dreamed about." She sighed, knowing arguing would do her no good. She tried her best to tell him, but to her, uttering words was just impossible at the moment.

"I-I-when-since-the-I." She continued to fumble over her words, tears brimming in her. Pan watched as she tried to come up with words, but it did her no good. When she let out a sob, Pan quickly picked her up, placing her on his lap and hugging her closely.

"I-I just can't."

"Yes you can." He encouraged. "Just go slowly." It took her a moment to regain her composure, but Pan stayed patient. He would toy with her hair, lightly rub her back, or rock back and forth, treating her with such care as you would a child.

"I-I was in the woods." She began. "And it was dark and cold, there-there was lightning and thunder too. And I ran. But I ran into someone." She paused, thinking about what to say, before letting out a chocked breath.

"They had on a black hood and they-they-they."

"Shhhh. Calm down, little one. Just tell me what happened." Eden took a deep breath, tightening her arms around a his neck before whispering words that scared her to death.

"He crushed my heart." Pans eyes widened, the muscles in his arms contracting. He couldn't tell her the truth, could he? It would petrify her, even more than she already was. The frightening truth was hard to hear when you dreamt of your own death.

He decided for her sake that her would keep it a secret, until and unless she absolutely need to know, which he thought at the time, she didn't.

"It's only a dream, nothing to fret about." He felt her head nod against his chest before she slowly slipped out of his arms. Eden crawled back into her bed, pulling the covers up over her, covering up to her nose.

"Eden." Pan said, catching on to what she was trying to do. "Why are you hiding from me?" He asked, shuffling closer to her, his hand pulling the sheets away from her face.

"Wh-when you cry, doesn't that make you weak?" Pan chuckled slightly, smiling at her blushing face.

"Crying doesn't mean your weak, it means you've had to be strong for to long. Keep your chin up, little one." Eden smiled back at him, nodding her head before Pan stood up, his back cracking from years of work. As he watched her fall back asleep, he gently kissed her forehead before leaving her tent and tiredly sauntering back to his own.

But for the first time in a long time, Pan was anxious, scared even. It reminded him of Rufio's death that he had dreamed of prior to the tragic event.

For anything is possible in NeverLand.

Even dreams, your worst nightmares, can come true...

A/N: dun dun daaaaaa!!!!

What do you think will happen to Eden? Do you think her dream will come true?

Your thoughts on Pan and Eden's future relationship? Do they end up together?

Please comment and vote!!!!! 💚😜😆💖💋