Part Seventeen | The Encounter

Third Person POV 

"Get out...Get out, Eden and don't you ever come back..." Eden stared at his lips as he spoke... Those were the same lips that told her lies...He said he loved her, but he didn't. If he loved her, he wouldn't be doing this. She slowly looked into his eyes, the ones she felt like she could get lost in for hours, and nodded. She simply nodded...

"I'll go...You can hate me, hunt me, or have me killed if that would make you happy... But, Peter Pan, I will never stop loving you..." Eden reached up, gently touching his cheek. He grabbed her wrist, shoving it backwards as if her soft, loving touch offended him.

"Get. Out... Leave me. I never want to see your face again." Pan snapped, his eyes hardening on her. They could have had it all...A relationship and wonderful life together, but he was too afraid to let go of the memory of his mother to move on with Eden...

Eden blinked out a few tears before she quickly ran out of the tent. She was met with the sad, hopeless, and restless faces of the lost boys. Felix stood up, handing her a leather bag with all of her things inside. She took it gently, engulfing him in a hug. She let a few tears fall before she moved back, glancing at the boys once again.

"Goodbye..."

And with that...

Eden was gone...

50 years later...

She hadn't spoken to him...Not once. There had been many run ins with the lost boys, but never with him. The lost boys, though they were given orders not to speak to her, loved her like family. Even Felix broke Pan's rule. The only one who didn't was Hayes. He wanted her to suffer for what he had caused her to do. 

Bae was long gone, for Eden had helped him escape at least thirty years ago. She was completely and utterly alone. She spent most of her nights in the cave TigerLilly had showed her, laying in a bed stuffed with leaves. All she had was a bow and a few arrows TigerLilly had provided her with, a little bit of food, and her memories to haunt her. The drawings on the walls broke her heart. They showed how they fell in love, but now...She no longer had him...

Eden was sitting down on her bed, sharpening the tips of her arrows when she heard the howls of the lost boys. They only did that when they were hunting something. Or worse... someone. She froze, furrowing her brows. She set down the piece of rock she was attempting to sharpen them with, shoved the arrows back into her quiver, and picked up her bow. Her eyes skimmed over the picture of Pan kneeling with her before she walked out of the cave into the abyss of the NeverLand night. 

An arrow was notched on the string of Eden's bow as she quietly walked through the forest. She didn't know what to think. Had the boys turned against her? Was she the one they were hunting? Though her small, now rough and overworked hands were shaking, she held her weapon ready to fire at any time. 

"See...If you believe, anything is possible..." That voice was one Eden didn't know. She knew all the boys by their names, faces, and voice. She didn't know who that boy was...And that concerned her.

"You couldn't be more right, Henry..." And with that, Eden's heart sunk...That was the one voice she had nightmares about hearing again...She should be happy to be close to him again, but she wasn't. She was both angry and terrified. Though she didn't really listen to the words they were saying, she knew that whoever 'Henry' was, he was in danger. It wasn't until she saw Pan, the boy she spent so much time trying to forget, draw a knife that she took action. 

"Get away from him!" Eden yelled, aiming her bow directly at the one she gave up everything to save... His eyes widened when he saw her, a small gasp dropping from his lips. He lowered the knife slightly, but didn't let his frightening demeanor falter. 

"Well well. I had hoped you were dead." He said to her with a smirk. That hurt...It stung. How could he say that...? She gave everything to ensure that he would live, and he didn't care about her at all...

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." Eden snapped. "I've changed since you've seen me last. I'm not so easy to kill off. I'm not weak anymore. Which is why I am not letting you any closer to that boy." Eden said determinedly. She didn't know the boy, but she did know that she wouldn't let Pan kill him...She loved him too much to let him darken his soul even more. 

"I'd like to see you try." Pan smirked, slowly sheathing his dagger again. He had his magic to protect him, though it was weakened. Eden kept her bow aimed at him, biting down on her chapped bottom lip. Of course, she didn't want to hurt him, but she couldn't let him hurt that innocent boy. Just as Pan was about to hit the boy over the head with the dagger to knock him out, Eden fired her arrow at him. Pan quickly dropped the knife, catching the arrow... He was shocked. The Eden he knew wouldn't hurt a fly. 

"Run!" Eden exclaimed, grabbing the young boy's arm. Pan growled, about to run after them when he realized what she had done. Squid ink... While frozen in his place, Pan clenched his fists  and called out to Eden.

"I will find you, Eden!" He yelled, but in a soft whispered, the lost boy king muttered, 'I will always find you...'

A/N: Hey guys! What do you think of the new Eden? What do you think will happen next? Will she and Pan end up together? Let me know!