Part Twelve | The Abduction

Third Person POV

---------

Pan laid in his bed, the tent dark and cold without the NeverLand sun warming the island. The night was silent. Not a peaceful kind of silence, but an eerie one. It was one of the only things Pan hated about hid island. 

As Pan was having these thoughts, he heard a quiet sob. It slowly starting growing louder. Pan sat up in bed, hurrying to the tent opening. It wasn't Eden, but he could tell it was one of the boys. He opened the flaps in time to see Daniel, the littlest lost boy, running into Eden's tent. 

Pan furrowed his eyebrows, sneaking out of his tent to follow Daniel. He walked up to Eden's tent, hiding in the shadows so that he couldn't be seen. Because of Peter Pan's childlike imagination, he was quite the curious boy. He wanted to listen, to make sure that both Eden and Daniel were safe. 

"Eden!" Daniel cried, shaking Eden awake. Pan could only hear hushed whispers until a moment later, Eden's candle lit up the tent, exposing Pan to the rest of the camp. It seemed like the trees, even the wind had calmed. As if they wanted to know what would happen next. 

"I had a nightmare again..." Daniel sniffled, Eden giving him a small, warm smile. He had started coming to her every time he had a bad dream, which on this island was rather frequent. 

"Don't worry, Daniel. It was only a dream. There isn't anything to be afraid of." Eden said, making Pan smile at her warm voice. Just hearing the somewhat high pitched, airy voice made him feel enlightened. Perhaps that was part of the reason he loved her. She made him feel complete. 

"Will...Will you sing the song again?" Daniel asked, almost making Pan jump with excitement. He had never heard her sing before. He was more than confident that she had a beautiful voice, but he wanted to hear it for himself. 

"Of course, Daniel." She said and Pan smiled. 

Under the willow, in the green meadow...

Under the stars, or deep in the sea...

Under the willow, in the green meadow is where we'll lie, just you and me. 

Skies of blue. 

Tulips too. 

I'm happily holding your hand.

Under the willow, in the green meadow...

It's where we'll stay, both night and day...

Eden sang the soft melody over and over again, each verse she grew quieter as the little lost boy fell asleep on her lap. Pan listened from the outside of the tent, a love struct smile on his face. He was convinced. She must have been perfect. Truly, her voice was the most beautiful he had ever heard. But there was something else...Something about the song he recognized...

Little did Pan know, or shall we say little did he remember that his mother used to sing him that same song when he was just a infant. When he was innocent, when he was light and not darkness. When he was the hero, never the villain...

***

Eden had picked up Daniel, carrying him back to his tent. Pan took this as his cue to run back to his tent before Eden realized he had been spying. He hustled into his tent, flopping down onto his bed. He was smiling, maybe even blushing after he heard her voice. 

For the first time in to long, Peter Pan fell asleep without nightmares or any worries at all...

Eden was walking back to her tent, a smile on her lips as she sauntered through the moonlit forest. The song always helped Daniel fall back asleep. And Eden was more than happy to sing for the littlest lost boy.