Part Three | The Bond

^^^^^Official trailer!
Third person pov

After hours, the innocent girl finally drifted into a dreamless sleep as Pan sat at the log wooden desk in his treehouse, focusing hard to uncover his new additions emotions. He could sense that she was at peace and he knew that meant she was asleep. He looked to one of his wooden chests where he had hidden her weapons, cloak, and an old parchment envelope she had on her person when she first arrived. Pan tiredly trudged over to the chest and unlocked it using his magic, picking up the envelope. He stared at, wondering what was inside, allowing his imagination to run wild, but he couldn't open it. The envelope was sealed with strong blood magic. Pan is the most powerful person in all the realms, yet all magic comes with a price and the price for breaking the spell was breaking the girls trust. He assumed it could be from the parents of the girl, or some type of family member, even a friend, but in that moment, Peter Pan was wrong.

The precious girl in the cage thought that no one would ever fully understand the pain of simply signing her name on that paper. She thought no one would ever care, though there was a boy, who happened to be the king of NeverLand, who understood hurt and betrayal just as much, if not more.

The girl in the cage stirred, hearing whispers around her. She untucked her head from her knees and heard the rumbling voices of men, not boys, but men.

"Well well. And here I thought Pan was to heartless to spare the life of anyone, let alone a girl." All of the men chuckled, the repulsive sent of rum now filling the air.

"Step aside, men." The men, who were clearly pirates, parted at the sound of a smooth accent. A man with dark hair, dressed in thick, black leather, and a hook for a hand stepped forward, his eyebrows furrowing as the girl in the cage shuffled as far back as the bars allowed her to. As you may assume, these were no ordinary pirates, but none other than Hook and his crew.

Hook understood fully that this girl could not give him information about Pan, let alone fight him in this case. He knew he had to play it right.

"Ah, darling, did big bad ole' Pan put you in here?" The girl pressed her head against her knees again. She hated the way the men on this island would treat her, calling her little pet names like 'darling' or 'sweetheart'. She was embarrassed that they felt that they had possession over her, even though she knew Pan did.

Hook made a 'tsk tsk' sound and let out a sigh.

"Well, if you like, we could bring you to my ship. You get away from Pan." By this point, Hook had squat down and stared at the girl through the opening in the cage wall, but she shook her head.

"Your telling me you'd rather stay in this cage, with Pan for goodness sake, then to come aboard The Jolly Roger?!" Hook had raised his voice, startling the girl, but she had no where to run, no one to help her. All these men were much bigger and stronger than her, there was nothing she could do. So, she turned her face and scooted back until she could feel the sharp bars of the cage sinking into the skin of her back.

"Answer me!" Hook grabbed her face through the bars and squeezed it, most likely leaving a mark. The girl squealed, squirming around, trying to get free, but it was no use.

"Captain, the lost boys are returning." Smee mumbled, afraid of his captain, but more afraid of Pan.

"Well, my dear, I'll give you something to remember me by." Before a look of fear could even cross the girls eyes, Hook slashed his iron hook across her forehead. She tumbled backwards, smacking her head hard on the wall. Blood ran down her face, mixing with her tears and spreading into her vision. The Pirates walked away with their victory and chuckled at her cries. She knew she couldn't use magic even if she could access it. She didn't know how to use her magic very well and between the headache and extreme blood loss, she passed out and fell on her side.