Part Four | The Truth of His Broken Heart

(Listen to Taylor Swift safe and sound for this chapter... Trust me...)

Pan had gained little information from Eden. She still didn't trust him wholeheartedly, but she did respect him and Pan understood that. He hadn't shared anything about himself with her, aside from telling her about adventures with the lost boys or battling the Pirates. It calmed her fear of Hook to know Pan could always beat him.

Eden laid in bed, like she had been doing for a few days now. Pan thought it best for her to stay in bed while she was recovering, but he knew in the back of his mind that he was only doing it to protect her. Though he would never admit it to anyone, Pan enjoyed having someone to be nice to. Someone he could take care of. He'd let her read or tell her stories about NeverLand throughout the day and he'd watch her sleep at night, making sure she was safe. Don't mistake this for love, Pan didn't love her, but instead, he saw her as a possession that he could own. She may not be a regular pawn in his game, but she was a pawn none the less.

"Rise and shine, little one." Pan cooed to her. Eden eyes slowly pried themselves open, finding Pan standing at the edge of the bed. She slowly sat up, meeting his request.

"Are you ready to get out of the treehouse? You should be healed by now." A smile tugged at the corners of her pink lips as she nodded her head. Pan chuckled at her childish actions. She was comfortable with him most of the time, but still kept to her self and didn't talk much, not that this bothered Pan. He always found a women who knew how and when to keep her tongue smart. Eden skipped out of bed, slipping on her boots and corset. Pan jumped down the shaky ladder of his treehouse and helped Eden, pulling her down from under her arms.

As the two of them walked into the camp, Eden instantly gained the attention of every single lost boy. Pan could see their thoughts through their eyes. The two younger lost boys, Sam and Daniel, saw her as a mother figure and the older boys were stunned by her beauty. This angered Pan. Felix could sense the tension in the air as he looked at Pan, practically waiting for him to kill someone. Pan finally realized how small she was, her face just barely reached his chest. He instantly became protective over her. Eden was just as uncomfortable as Felix and Pan. She weakly wrapped her short, tan arms around one of Pans strong arms. Pan smirked and glared at the boys, showing them that she was his and no one else's.

He lead her away from the camp and the boys, Eden's arms slowly detached from his. She felt embarrassed that she basically asked for his protection, but Pan liked having her feel like she needed him.

Pan showed her around the island that day. He explained the dangers of dreamshade, told her to stay away from dark hollow, and mentioned skull rock, but didn't go into detail. Eden listened intently, knowing that if she wanted to survive here, she didn't ever need to be on his bad side.

Pan saved the best for last. He took her to pixie hollow. The was sun down, and the moon was high in the NeverLand sky, giving the island a less threatening look.

"Close your eyes." Pan whispered. Eden inwardly laughed and obeyed, allowing Pan to guide her into the hollow. She could instantly hear the jingling of the fairies and the batting of their wings.

"Open up, little one." Eden's brown eyes shot open as she gasped in excitement. There were very different types of fairies, each one would shine in its own color that matched its clothes. Pairs of fairies would dance, some would sweetly tug at Eden's wavy hair, one landed right on her shoulder. She smiled widely at Eden, her blue eyes glowing, her white hair waving in the cool night time breeze.

Pan watched as Eden smiled at the fairies, this is exactly what he wanted. He wanted her to trust him, but he could have sworn for a moment there, that he was happy that she felt safe, other than for his selfish desires of course. He quickly brushed the thought aside.