Part Fourteen | The Standoff

Please enjoy!!!

Also. Let me know, what do you think is going to happen between Eden and Pan? Annnnnnd! Do you think Bae and Pan will have more problems? Tell me what you predict in the comments!💖

Third Person POV:

Eden sat at the campfire in the middle of the camp, watching as the flames danced freely. Even though a fire was such a simple thing, but a beautiful, necessary element. The flames could move freely, spreading there warmth throughout life. She only wished she could do the same.

Her eyes shifted over to Pan, only to find him already staring at her from across the flames, but as soon as saw her eyes on him, he quickly looked away. The two of them both lowered their eyes back down to the flames as if they were afraid to make eye contact with each other. Like if they spoke, their words would cut them down as if they were an axe.

Eden wanted to return to the cave, to go look at all the pictures of her and Pan, to read their story up until that point, but she knew that if she did, Pan would figure out what the cave was. Though she knew keeping secrets from him was foolish, her heart was telling her to trust Tiger Lily in this matter. She couldn't tell Pan.

-------

Night fell over the camp soon, but unlike most nights, the boys were silent. Pan played his flute in the center of the camp, all of the lost boys sitting on the forest ground in a circle, listening to the soft music. Though things seemed fine to anyone who would glance at the peaceful camp, that was not the case. Felix, who cared for Eden like she was his little sister, was glaring at Hunter who was glaring at Bae. Baelfire was glaring at Pan and Pan was staring at Eden with a yearning look. Hunter was shy. He was strong, but kept to himself. He had a childish crush on Eden, but he wasn't even considered in the love triangle between Pan, Bae, and Eden.

Throughout everything, Eden mostly kept her eyes on the ground, occasionally looking up at Pan who would receive a glare from Baelfire in return. Whenever Eden glanced at one of them, the others would glare at him. Hunter didn't understand how he felt about Eden. Perhaps he had a crush on her mainly because he, like the other boys, hadn't seen a girl in so long. Bae had begun with a friendship with her, but then he developed deeper feelings. But Pan...His love for her was true. He would never, ever put her in danger, but he wanted to always put her needs ahead of his own.

'If there is such a thing as an angel, if perfection can be achieved, surly I must be staring at it when I look at Eden...' Is what Pan thought to himself. He couldn't take his eyes off her. Her soft features, her deep eyes...

It wasn't long before the camp was silent. Pan had finished playing his pipe, leaving everyone in a comfortable, peacefully silence...All apart for the boys sitting across from each other. Hunter was directly across from Felix, who was next to Bae, who was across from Pan. And Pan, of course, was directly across from Eden, his eyes finally moving to the dying embers.

One would think with all of the most influential boys of NeverLand at her feet, she could easily control this island, manipulate whoever she wanted to gain control, but that never once crossed Eden's mind. She knew of Bae's affection for her and of course of Pans, but she didn't think they were filled with so much hate, so much jealousy towards each other.

One by one, the boys started to excuse themselves to head to bed, but as soon as Eden began to walk to her tent, Hayes, who had finally accepted that he live here, tripped Eden as she walked by, causing her to stumble forward. She never once fell, she never hurt herself, but it seemed like the smallest amount of wrong triggered all of the anger Pan and Bae had against each other.

"Don't ever touch her again!" They both exclaimed at the same time, standing up in unison. As their tones and words matched, they turned to each other, each one glaring the other down.

"I was taking care of it." Bae snapped angrily, stepping forward until he was nose to nose with Pan. Pan scoffed at Baelfires words, clenching both his fists.

"Oh please, I have it under control. This is my island." He grimaced, pushing Bae backwards in a threatening manner. Baelfire stepped forward again, shoving Pan right back.

"Well, you do a terrible job leading it." He seethed, getting a small growl from Pan. His eye twitched a bit, a visible sign of how furious he was.

"Now is not the time to try and impress Eden, Baelfire." Pan warned in a low voice, but kept his fists clenched. The lost boys were completely silent...Too afraid to speak. They knew it was unwise to anger Pan when it was something he was passionate about.

"Oh, you think thats what I'm doing?" Bae asked with a dry chuckle. "Please, Pan. I don't even have to compete with you. Eden is mine." With those little words, Pan was sent over the edge completely.

"NO, SHE'S MINE!" He yelled, raising his fist to punch Bae in the face, but Eden had seen enough. Her eyes widened, quickly jumping over Hayes's legs to step in between the two fighting boys.

"STOP IT!" Eden yelled, screaming at the top of her lungs at them. Pan instantly lowered his fists when she stepped in front of Bae. He saw the look in her eyes...For once, he saw anger in her eyes instead of forgiveness.

"I am not either of your's!" She yelled, turning to Baelfire. "Bae, You know about my past. About Hayes and my father, yet you continue to treat me like a possession...?" Baelfire looked down at the ground, disappointed in himself. He shook his head, biting his lisp as if it were his mother scolding him.

"And you, Peter..." She whispered, turning back around to gaze upon the embarrassed face of Peter Pan. He, like Bae, kept his eyes on the ground in fear of seeing hatred or anger in Eden's soft eyes.

"I am very disappointed in you..." Eden whispered before retiring to her tent for the night. Pan sighed, hanging his head down lower. The disappointment card stung, especially when she used it on him. She deserved so much better then two boys arguing over her when she was more than capable of choosing her own path.

For once in a lifetime, Pan and Bae were in the exact same position. They both cared for Eden, but they both let her down. Baelfire was known for having a temper, but Pan didn't just have a temper, he always followed through with his threats... this time was different, however.

Because for the first time, Pan thought he had finally lost Eden...