The Coming Doom

"So to get this straight." Said Mikoto as she walked back to their dorm with Ben. "We're about to be visited by an old friend of yours who looks like DiamondHead and used to be an alien mercenary. Plus you have to bring this wierd looking rodent guy along?"

"Yep." said Ben as he dragged Argit by the wrist with them. "That's about the gist of it."

"Hey!!" Said Argit. "I didn't choose to come on your little thing here, so you can stop with the whole rodent remarks now!!"

"Shut it Argit!" said Mikoto. "You seem to have forgotten that whole incident last month, so just in case you've forgotten, I'll just say if you don't close your mouth now I'll zap you till you're a parapalegic!"

Despite Mikoto's usual unfamiliar attitude towards Argit, they had met once before. Ben wasn't sure of the details that had occured, but by the time he arrived on the scene, it had been Argit who had needed the saving while Mikoto chased him around furiously sending heavy metal objects and lightning bolts flying in his direction.

"Look, I'm not that kind of guy anymore." said Argit. "I've gone totally straight now. I'm just an alien trying to see what kind of living he can make in this neck of the woods."

"Yeah." said Ben. "And I'm sure aliens regularly love to hang out in the one city that would disect them if they were found. Really smart choice."

"It's not as if I had a lot of choice!" said Argit. "All the underground alien communities on earth have been hit rough lately, so I thought if I scored a gig on the most successful Earth city, then maybe I would have it at least slightly made."

"What do you mean 'all the underground alien communities have been hit hard lately'?" Mikoto had heard of some of the secret alien towns that were scattered around the globe, it's where aliens were legally allowed to stay as residents on Earth until humans were ready to know about aliens. 

"Everyone has been preparing for some kind of war." said Argit. "No one is selling food anymore, just weapons. And since food has gone scarce, residents are being forced to go outside into the human world just to find enough eats to feed their children. And whenever I've been asking for some eats of my own, those stupid residents just tell me 'Diagon is coming, best be prepared'. I mean who the heck is Diagon? A stupid gun enthusiast?"

Ben and Mikoto looked at each other. This was indeed worrisome. If the alien communities were indeed experiencing this much trouble then there was a chance more aliens might show up in Academy City and even try to get themselves an education here disguised as humans. Argit was right about one thing after all, the most dangerous city for aliens was probably also the most prosperous, especially since some aliens couldn't stand the lack of advanced tech on Earth. Academy City was a treasure trove of the only technology on Earth that had ever gotten close to level 4.

Ben looked at Argit. "This does sound bad, but I still don't think that's why you're here. You can try to sugar coat your lies with the truth all you like, but I'm not letting my guard down for a second."

"Well then you leave me no choice." said Argit. The quils on his back suddenly raised up. However, Ben and Mikoto had already prepared for this.

Just as Argit's quils shot out like little missiles, Mikoto stepped behind Ben who immediately turned into the humanoid rock and crystal ChromaStone. The quils rebounded harmlessly off of ChromaStone's impenetrable silicon compound skin.

"Aww!!" Argit shouted as ChromaStone picked Argit up by the wrist. "No fair!"

"Like you have ever played fair in your life you evil coniving freak!" Said Mikoto as sparks furiously jumped out of her bangs.