Out of Earth and Into The Universe.

"But Toooouuuuumaaaa!!!" Index shouted as her main source of food boarded the Resolute, Tetrax's ship. "I want to come toooooo!!!!!"

"You mean you want to come so you can eat all of Tetrax's food too." said Touma. "Sorry Index, if Stiyl or Kanzaki found out that I was bringing you to another planet or something I'm pretty sure my goose would be cooked........"

"Well in that case." said Index folding her arms crossly. "You had better bring me back some cooked goose when you come back or else!"

Two hours earlier, it had been decided that Misaka Mikoto and Kamijou Touma would be the ones to come along on the journey into space to look for the Ancient Ones (and to Anur Phaetos, though Mikoto and Tetrax were so far the only people who knew about that.). Ben had already lugged several huge suitcases of stuff onto the ship. Apparently a road trip in space was a pretty big thing for him. Mikoto watched Ben grinning. However, every time Ben looked away, Mikoto would suddenly have a strange sad look on his face. Only Touma ever noticed, but at the moment he was too busy trying to make sure he had everything he needed for what would apparently be a pretty long trip to dwell on it.

"All right." Said Tetrax. "If everyone is good, then I think now will be the perfect time to leave."

The Resolute was a huge silver ship around the size of a large apartment building. It was currently parked behind Ben's dorm. Now that it wasn't in cloaked mode, Kuroko was on her cellphone with her friend Uiharu from Judgement trying to ensure that no one decided to take a stroll behind the dorm and find that a huge alien space ship was just sitting there with several humans ready to board it.

Mikoto and Ben walked up the giant ramp that was extended from the Resolute's hull. Mikoto looked back at Touma.

"Now remember to feed Sphinx*" said Touma. "And I have enough food in the fridge to last about 2 weeks, so don't eat it all at once......"

"Touma!" shouted Mikoto. "Come on!!"

"And don't do what you did last time I left you alone....." Touma continued like nothing happened.

Mikoto rolled her eyes, grabbed Touma by the ear, and began dragging him upwards into the ship while he kept saying instructions to Index. "And don't press the apartment's fire alarm, I know it looks fun, but you're just going to get into a whole lot of trouble!!"

The ramp on the ship closed over the doorway as Kuroko and Index waved goodbye.

Tetrax, Ben, Mikoto, and Touma got onto a moving walkway and watched as they moved past the ship's many facilities. Tetrax and Ben who had been on the ship before both pointed out the different parts of the ship.

"That's the training center. Careful using that simulated combat machine, it's stuck on hard mode for some reason."

"That's the virtual hoverboard simulator, you're welcome to use it whenever you wish."

"That, however it might look, is not a bathroom. Don't make the same mistake I did unless you have the ability to change into an alien that can turn intangible."

The moving walkway finally came to a stop near a giant metal door. The door automatically opened up to reveal a gigantic control port with buttons levers and gears on a ginormous control panel. A ginormous window that went from the front of the ship to the roof of the control port showed the buildings of Academy City outside. Immediately what appeared to be an enormous pinkish 3 eyed blob rose out of a previously empty looking 4 legged suit device and began shape shifting multiple limbs from its blobbish boddy to press multiple knobs and buttons at the control panel.

"Whoah!" Said Mikoto a little startled. "I'm guessing that's the Gluto guy you were talking about."

"Yo! Snotty!" said Ben cheerfully. "Are we all set to go?!"

Gluto spoke in a bunch of staticky bubbly syllables and using one of his goey tendrils, pointed at what appeared to be be a load bar which was at 100% capacity.

"Snotty?" said Mikoto looking at Ben.

"An old nick name I came up with when I was 10." said Ben. "Eventually it sort of grew on us."

"You should all probably take your seats and strap in." Said Tetrax. "Lift off from this planet isn't very different from your Earth space shuttles."

When everyone was strapped in to their seats, Tetrax nodded at Gluto who began pressing more knobs and buttons. The ship gave a large roar and rose from the ground. Once it was a couple hundred feet in the air, The Resolute turned upwards towards the sky and zoomed out of the atmosphere at collosal speed. For a few minutes, Mikoto felt like she was being flattened like a panic. This was different from the Academy City shuttle that she and Ben had hijacked during the Daihaseisai. The shuttle had been designed primarily for comfort while this ship just decided that speed was it's primary protocal.

Mikoto grabbed Ben's hand. "Please........tell me when it's over......."

After a few seconds, the Resolute finally exited Earth's atmosphere and the g force dissapeared.

Mikoto gasped with relief now that the weight was off her chest. Touma undid his seatbelts gratefully, only to start floating out of his seat.

"Man!" Said Touma, as he twirled around in mid air. "This is actually kind of awesome."

"Initiating artificial gravity." said Tetrax as he pressed a few buttons on his captain's chair.

Touma fell to the ground like a rock. He got up rubbing his head and muttering as usual about his terrible luck.

Ben got out of his seat and stretched. "This is great!! It's been ages since I've gone on a trip like this!"

Mikoto looked out the ginormous control port window in awe. Before her, millions upon millions of stars spread out like an infinite 3D video. For the second time in her life, she was in space. Only this time she actually had time to appreciate just how big the Universe was.

Tetrax got up from his captain's chair. "Now that we have some time on our hands, I will need to tell you about our first destination."

Tetrax clicked a button on the wall and a holographic image formed in the middle of the room showing a planet that seemed to be half covered in city and half covered in swamp.

"We'll be going to Raximus 7 first." Said Tetrax. "It's a shipping port,  and therefore a common place for information exchange. We'll be able to find out more on the Ancient  Ones once we are there. Just one problem."

"Let me guess." Said Mikoto taking the stereotypical aproach. "All aliens hate humans?"

"No." Said Tetrax. "Though there are some planets where I would prefer humans stay hidden. The real problem here is that the planet is a huge breeding ground for pirates. If they find someone intergalacticly famous like Ben here, then they will not hesitate to attempt to capture  him so they can sell the Omnitrix. The same goes for any ordinary human."

"So what should we do?" Touma asked.

"Well Ben has his alien forms  for his bit."   said Tetrax "But I think we have just the disguise for you two........"

The moment Mikoto saw the disguise, she could feel this was going to be a very long trip....