Argit's Gamble

"We are never coming back to this planet right?" Asked Ben.

Tetrax chuckled. "No worries Ben, after Gar gives us the information we need tonight, we'll leave as soon as possible."

Tetrax and Ben were walking down the magnificent hallway of the Tetramand palace. There were trophies hanging on the walls everywhere, mostly the heads of monsters and super large weapons. Ben found it kind of intimidating, knowing that the entire palace was filled with powerful warriors who liked to tear monsters up before breakfast every morning.

Ben was anxious to leave the planet quickly. Firstly because he was tired of looking over his shoulder when he was walking through the halls of the palace, (ever since his duel with Looma, many Tetramands now wanted to fight Ben so as to prove their mettle.) And secondly, Looma had been staring daggers at Mikoto ever since the duel. At breakfast, in the hallways, even in the woman's baths. Mikoto and Ben were both becoming extremely paranoid thanks to this planet. The sooner they left, the better.

"So Ben, what are you going to do?" said Tetrax.

"About what?"

Tetrax chuckled again. "Come on Ben, I may not be completely familiar on human customs, but even I can tell that your display back at the fight wasn't just some fake love testimony to save Mikoto's life, you really do have a thing for her don't you?"

Ben went extremely red. "Er......to be honest.......I haven't had a chance to talk to Mikoto about it yet.........what with Looma always just around the corner................"

Tetrax nodded in agreement. "Tetramand women are known for being quite jealous, and destructive."

"And besides, what would I say?"

"You would tell her the truth as it is, that you meant every word you said, and you would realize that she feels the same about you." said Tetrax.

"Y-ya actually think I have a shot with her?" said Ben his eyes widening.

Tetrax sighed. "Ben, seriously, the fact that both of you love each other has been so obvious to everyone but the two of you."

"Th-that obvious!?"

"Yep, even Touma noticed, and I have a feeling that he's pretty dense when it comes to noticing love."

Ben went silent. Could it be that Mikoto had been showing such obvious signs of feelings for him and he just didn't pay attention? Well there was that moment on the Resolute when he and Mikoto almost........... Ben suddenly felt his lips sweating. Maybe he should talk to Mikoto about this.

Ben sighed. "All right, I'll speak with her before dinner tonight.....If Looma isn't around. Think you could do a distraction for me?"

"Oh no Ben." Said Tetrax shaking his head. "I already told you. Me and Looma don't have a pleasant history, I can probably thank my lucky stars she hasn't recognized me yet."

Ben gave Tetrax one the 'oh have a heart' looks that he used to give his parents. Tetrax sighed, why did humans have to have so many endearing facial expressions?

"Fine." Said Tetrax. "But you owe me one."

Later, right before dinner, Ben caught up with Mikoto as she was walking down to the dining hall. "Hey Sparks, got a moment?"

"Sure." Said Mikoto. "But we should probably go somewhere more private." Mikoto pointed at the figure of Looma Red Wind who was watching with the expression of one wanting to to cause as much hurt as possible.

Ben nodded at Tetrax who was a distance away. Tetrax shrugged and walked over to Looma and began talking to her. Mikoto looked at Ben with a surprised grin on her face.