The Monster That Will Not Die

Vilgax sat in a giant tank of water inside the building known as the Flame Keepers Academy. Around him, The Esoterica stood silently awaiting any command he might give them. Right in front of the tank stood the small red headed girl named Rikuo Karin, also known as Sky Scorcher.

"So you're Vilgax.." said Sky Scorcher with a sly smile. "When I heard Ben talk about you, I have to admit, I didn't expect you to be some kind of giant octopus."

"I admit..." said Vilgax. "My body is currently too weak to revert back to by land dwelling form..........."

Vilgax was still in his giant monster octopus form, the same form in which the Esoterica had found him when he was in Mexico.

"So why has your organization saved me little esper?" asked Vilgax. "I can't imagine that I am still useful to Diagon after my apparent failure to crush Misaka and Tennyson."

Sky Scorcher shrugged. "Heck if I know, to be honest, I'm just the muscle. I go and I fight whoever and whatever no questions asked. I didn't even know our leader's name was Diagon till you mentioned it."

"So you are in it for the money........."

"Actually, in case you haven't noticed. This is a school. I'm just here cause I enrolled in Academy City for an education like everyone else. I'm actually a pretty big deal here......not that the rest of the city will ever know it."

Vilgax stared at Sky Scorcher with his red eyes and suddenly started laughing.

"Hey!" Sky Scorcher exclaimed angrilly. "I know I'm a 9 year old, but that doesn't mean you can just go out and underestimate me!!"

"You misunderstand me little esper." Vilgax said still chuckling slightly. "I have learned long ago with Ben Tennyson that it is a mistake to underestimate even the young and Naive. The reason for my laughter is because of your ignorance regarding the one you work for............"

"What are you talking about!?" Sky Scorcher asked furiously.

"I have heard of you Rikuo Karin, one of the few level 6s ever secretly created, I know who it is that you admire and idolize. Your father will have told you many tales of the one known as Ben Tennyson........That is why you were so eager to fight the boy during the Daihaseisai."

"What do you know about my father!!??" growled Sky Scorcher as a miniature fire ball began to dance in between her pig tails.

"That man was a brave Plumber. Even while Impulser tore each of his limbs from his dying body, he still had the guts to defy me......"

"D-did you just say.....Impulser!?" Sky Scorcher was now completely cloaked in flames.

"WHERE IS HE!!??" Sky Scorcher shouted as her flames grew larger with every sylable. "I KNOW HE ISN'T DEAD VILGAX, WHERE IS THAT FREAKING BASTARD!!!!!!!!????

One of the Esoterica walked in between Vilgax's tank and Scorcher and bowed. "My apologies Miss Rikuo, but the Esoterica kindly request that you calm yourself. The walls are built to be fire proof, but the flames could still be hazardous to the health of master Vilgax."

Karin took a deep breath and her flames died down. "I still don't know why we need this freaking squid.....couldn't we let him die? He tried to destroy the Earth eight times for petes sake.

"The Old One requests that Vilgax lives." said the Esoterica. "That is all. He is required for a great mission in which you will take part soon."

"And that mission would be?"

"Ben Tennyson has traveled into the depths of the universe along with that girl of his." said Vilgax. "Our mission will be to capture him while he travels, and kill Misaka and Kamijou. The one who chaperones them called Tetrax Shard will be left to rot in the depths of space as he bears no importance to Lord Diagon.......But Tennyson.....There is a certain alien form which Tennyson unknowingly carries that Master Diagon desires dearly."