The Ancient Ones

""RRAARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!"

One of the Loboans jumped out of the shadows. It's canine snout snarled and drooled. It flexed it's three clawed hands and muscular arms as if challenging the group.

"What's it doing?" asked Touma. "Why doesn't they attack?"

"I've seen this kind of behavior before." said Looma. "It's a ritual similar to the customs of my planet. They want their strongest pack member to face one of us in battle to prove itself."

"Looma's right." said Tetrax. "Some Loboan factions place heavy emphasis on combat capability. The other members of the pack won't attack until one of us falls in battle."

Mikoto's bangs sparked slightly. "Alright then.....if there is one thing Ben's told me about Loboans, it's that they aren't immune to electricution. I'll have this done quick!"

"No!" said Looma. "You heard what Tetrax said, the pack won't attack as long as one of us is still standing! With your kind of power against a noninsulated Loboan the battle will be done too quick and we'll be done for. However.........."

Looma cracked her four knuckles. "Against me, I'll be able to stall him for a bit. Besides, my warrior's honor cannot turn down a challenge!"

Looma took Ben from her shoulder and laid him at Mikoto's feet. "He is your beloved.........keep him safe..."

"L-Looma?" said Mikoto stunned at the lack of jealousy the Tetramand princess was displaying.

"I have accepted that it is you he loves Misaka Mikoto." said Looma. "But since he defeated me in battle, he is still my liege lord, I will defend him with all my strength. Now go! I will hold this pack down as long as I can!"

Looma from the Tetramand House Of Red Wind approached the Loboan. "I will be your opponent creature!!"

The Loboans surrounding the two combatants howled ferociously as the two began to circle each other.

Mikoto picked Ben up by the arm while Touma helped her with the other side. "Looma! Come out alive, got it!?"

Together with Tetrax, Mikoto and Touma carried Ben down the Passage of Beginnings as fast as they could. The inside of the cave was unnaturally wide and smooth.  There were signs that Loboans had recently traversed this cave. Claw marks and the bones of other alien life forms were everywhere. Mikoto even thought she might have seen the remains of a Thep-Khufan's gold mask somewhere.

"Everyone stick together." said Tetrax. "While these caves aren't the preferred den of a Loboan, their could still be one wolf or two in here."

"There's something odd about this place." said Touma. "But I just can't explain it."

"I feel it too." said Mikoto. "It feels incredibly old........almost as if you could turn to fossilized dust just walking through it."

"That's not surprising." said Tetrax. "The Ancient One's species have a lot to do with time. Mikoto, you've seen all of Ben's transformations right?"

"Seen all of them? No. Had them all described to me? Yes." said Mikoto.

"Then I understand you've heard about Clockwork*." said Tetrax.

"Yeah." said Mikoto. "the species is called a Chronosapien right?"

"So you're saying that the Ancient Ones are Chronosapiens?" asked Touma.

"Well that's how the legend goes." said Tetrax.

After a bit of walking, the group came to an ancient looking wall with a bunch of hyroglphics, the largest one on the top center depicting a giant monster squid-like creature similar in appearance to Vilgax when he was a monster squid. Only this creature looked more ancient, powerful, and dangerous.