A Plan to Escape

Mikoto/HeatBlast grunted as the massive tentacle slammed her against the side of the hall, creating a huge dent like crater. She didn't know if Pyronites had bones, but she felt like she might have just broken a few ribs.

Mikoto got up coughing some fiery sparks from her mouth and clutching her molten side. Vilgax continued to drag himself forward, raising his tentacles in preparation to slam Mikoto against the floor. Mikoto held her hands up desperately and a stream of fire blasted at the tentacles causing Vilgax to retract them hissing with discomfort.

"You merely delay the inevitable little esper." Said Vilgax. "Not even Tennyson's Pyronite form can save you now. Yield, and I shall make sure your death is swift and painless."

"Over my dead body." Mikoto growled.

"That can certainly be arranged." Said Vilgax swiping his tentacles in a low blow to the side.

Mikoto blasted flames from her feet causing her to launch upwards and dodge the tentacles. As she came down, she threw a huge fire ball at Vilgax's face.

Vilgax backed off crying out in pain.

"You need water to survive in that form don't you Vilgax?" Said Mikoto. "Well let's see what happens when I take away all your moisture then!"

Mikoto threw more fire at the now vulnerable Vilgax who continued to cry out in agony and steam as the fire collided with his wet body.

"What are you waiting for!?" Vilgax yelled at Sky Scorcher and Impulser. "Restrain her!!"

"Thought you would never ask!!" Said Impulser grinning.

Impulser moved at supersonic speeds towards Mikoto, but was suddenly tackled from the side by JetRay/Touma who had flown at supersonic speeds himself to intercept Impulser. The two of them tumbled head over heels into the wall of the hallway. By a stroke of dumb luck (which was unusual for Touma), Touma managed to end up on top of Impulser, allowing him to fly backwards and fire some neuro shocks from his eyes at Impulser's torso.

Impulser, having been caught off gaurd, wasn't able to solidify the vibrations of the molecules on enough of his skin in time and was knocked out by the green energy blast. Sky Scorcher sent a powerful concentrated beam of fire and heat at Touma. Touma held up his right hand and the flames dissipated into nothing right on contact.

"Awesome!" Said Touma. "Looks like Imagine Breaker still works!"

"You freaking turd!!!" Scorcher shouted as the flames around her grew more intense. "I'll burn you to a crisp!!"

Vilgax roared and raised up his monstrous tentacles again.

"This is bad." Said Mikoto. "I think I can hear more drones on the way, plus I don't think Impulser will be down for long."

"But we can't retreat." Said Touma hovering over to where Mikoto was. "Not without some kind of distraction."

"I've got your distraction!" Said Mikoto dodging another tentacle from Vilgax. "Index, eat something!"

"Huh!?" Said Upchuck/Index. "What should I eat!?" (Take note that Gourmands have two varieties, Perk and Murk. Index is currently the Perk form of Upchuck.)

"Anything!!"

Index opened her mouth and four frog like tongues came out and latched onto the head of one of the drones Looma and Gluto were fighting. The tongues ripped the head off and quick as lighting retracted the head into Index's mouth who swallowed it. Index's stomach began to glow with a green light.

"Now spit!!" Mikoto shouted as two of Vilgax's tentacles began to slowly constrict her to death. "Spit over here!!"

Index took a deep breath and spat out a glowing green sphere at Vilgax's scarred and already slightly burned face.