Misaka Mikoto Get's Competition

Touma watched Gluto absolutely hyptnotized. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before. Everytime Gluto morphed his body to touch another button or knob, Touma's eyes would follow it.

"So...." said Touma at an attempt to make conversation. "How long have you and Tetrax known each other?"

Gluto let out some bubbly syllables and moved his gelatinous tendrils in an expression that could be interpreted as "quite a while."

Touma whistled. "Sorry, I know I'm acting all weird and stuff, but this is just the first time I've been on an actual alien space ship with a pile of goo as the pilot."

Gluto shrugged in a way that said. "That's understandable."

Suddenly Tetrax walked in followed by Index and Misaka Mikoto whose eyes looked red from crying.

"I-Index!!??" Shouted Touma. "What are you doing here!?"

"Keeping you out of trouble!" said Index. "Which is obviously near impossible if someone isn't around to watch you."

Touma sighed and shook his head. "Honestly, someday you will be the death of me."

"Where's Ben?" asked Touma looking at Mikoto.

Mikoto didn't glance up. Instead she just kept her head down and muttered. "He's resting........he's not feeling too well......."

"Well I'm afraid Ben will have to wake up soon." said Tetrax. "Because according to my informant, the one guy who can tell us where to find the Ancient Ones is one of the rulers of that planet."

A hologram of a red desert planet showed up in the control room. The database said Khoros.

"Khoros?" said Touma. "Isn't that FourArms's home planet?"

"The native homeworld of Tetramands, yes." Confirmed Tetrax. "The many different rulers of the planet are known for being rather fond of war. The one we're looking for wll  only speak with whom he considers a true warrior. And that's why we'll need Ben. He's already pretty famous throughout the galaxy and just the kind of person the Tetramand King will talk to."

"Are you sure we should try that?" Said Mikoto worriedly. "Ben's already shaken up from that 'incident' as it is. Couldn't you do it? You're a warrior."

Touma gave Mikoto a confused look. Had he missed something during his time up here with Gluto?

"I know how you feel Mikoto." Said Tetrax. "But I'm not nearly well known enough to earn an audience with the Tetramand tribe ruler. Plus the King's daughter, Looma Red Wind, has a bit of a grudge against me."

"I'm fine." Ben had just entered the room. "I can do this."

Mikoto walked over to Ben and tried to peer into his eyes. "Are you sure Ben? You still look a little pale."

"I'm sure, besides." Ben activated the Omnitrix and turned into Swampfire in a flash of green light. "The Omnitrix's stopped acting like a complete moron, so I'm good to go."

Swampfire changed back into Ben and grinned. "See, I'm fine."

Mikoto ran over and nearly hugged the life out of Ben.

"Okay, seriously." said Touma. "Did I miss something important here?"

"It's better you don't know." said Tetrax seriously.

12 minutes later. Touma, Mikoto, Ben, and Tetrax got off the ship on the giant plateau that was the Red Wind House's main landing port. They had left Index on the ship so she could help Gluto keep the captured Vreedle Brothers and Argit from causing any trouble (Octagon was still unconscious from his predicament with GhostFreak.)  Several large red skinned four armed Tetramands in golden armor, with spears in one of their hands, bowed to them as they walked towards the main palace, which was on the same plateau.