Vreedles Go Boom

In all her days of living, Mikoto never once thought she would actually go looking for someone who wanted to kill her. But here she was now, trying to find Vilgax so she could lead him down to the cargo hold with Impulser.

Wait a second. Thought Mikoto. How the heck am I supposed to out run Impulser anyways? Mikoto stopped in he tracks. She hadn't thought about Impulser's ability to manipulate vibrations to the point where he could move extremely fast. She wouldn't be able to make it to the cargo hold like that. She needed a new tactic.

Think Mikoto. She thought trying to find a better solution. Vilgax is injured, which means he'll probably send Impulser and Sky Scorcher to do all his dirty errands for him..........that's it!

Mikoto changed direction and ran over to a door which was marked Prison Cells in alien language (the Plumbers badge which Ben gave Mikoto for Christmas had a universal translator)

Mikoto entered the room and turned to look in one of the cells which was currently locked in a red transparent energy field. Inside, sat none other then Argit and the Vreedle Brothers.

"You!?" Said Argit frantically. "What the heck is going on!? I've been hearing a whole bunch of commotion out there, are you under attack or something!? Don't leave me here!!"

Mikoto ignored Argit and turned to look at the Vreedle Brothers. "I need your help."

"Our help?" Said Octagon in surprise. "What you be needin' our help for?"

"You guys like to make stuff go boom right?" Said Mikoto.

"Yes, admittedly on occasion we can't resist a good explosion or two." Said Octagon. "What's your point Miss?"

"I need you guys to make a whole lot of explosions." Said Mikoto. "Not enough to damage the ship or anything, but enough to attract a whole lot of attention."

The Vreedle Brothers looked at each other.

"Well what do ya think Octy?" Said Rhomboid. "It sounds like a mighty fine good bit of fun."

"Indeed it does Boid." Said Octagon. "But what I'd like to know is, what be in it for us?"

"Well for one thing." Said Mikoto. "You won't be bored anymore."

"Well that sounds good enough to me Boid." Said Octagon with a grin. "Now tell me Miss, where shall we set up our devices of the more pyroclastic nature?"

Back in the main control room of the Resolute. Vilgax sat inside his giant water tank while a purple Cerebrocrustacean with cybernetic enhancements called Dr. Psychobos used his large right pincer to adjust some settings on a monitor connected to the water tank.

"My, my master Vilgax." Said Psychobos. "You really had a number done on you this time.....and I use the term loosely....."

"Silence your babbling medic, and tell me what I require." Said Vilgax irritably.

"While you have received extensive scarring.....and I use the term loosely." Said Psychobos. "This has not hindered the healing process of your internal organs, you should be able to revert to your humanoid form within the next 24 hours."

"Fine......and what of your other project?" Said Vilgax impatiently.

"Oh....I am afraid project Nemetrix has been put on hold for a while." Said Psychobos. "But I believe Doctor Viktor is having the problem fixed.......and I use the term loosely."

"I tire of all these delays." Said Vilgax. "Impulser, have any of the drones found Tennyson yet?"

Impulser rolled his eyes. "They've only searched 50 percent of the ship, you really need some faster killing machines."