Ascalon, Bane Of Diagon.

Mikoto felt cold. It was as if her body could feel the darkness of this ever deathly world. She rode behind Tetrax on his hoverboard as he rode through the webs of rocks with Ben on his shoulder. It was a world of utter darkness. And they weren't alone..............

Ectonurites flew around aimlessly throughout the entire dark rocky void, occasionally stopping to watch as they flew past. Sometimes they would look at each other and hiss randomly, as if they could tell their master dwelled within Ben Tennyson. Mikoto tried to ignore them. Every single purple eye from the Ectonurites reminded her of GhostFreak........Something she did not like to think about.

"The Alter of Zs'Skayr should be around 12 clicks from here." Said Tetrax. "At the speed we're going....we'll barely make it."

"Don't tell me the odds." Said Mikoto. "Just keep going."

The Ectonurites hissed at the mention of the Alter of Zs'Skayr. Almost as if they could feel something stirring in them at the mention of that name. An old yearning to follow one dark lord. The yearning of a hive mind.

They continued to move for a few hours. Mikoto could feel herself counting down the minutes, like a ticking time bomb that would go boom any second. And if that bomb went boom, she could say goodbye to Ben forever. Occasionally she would hear Ben groan and his body would flicker, like it was trying to go intangible. The Omnitrix was now no longer returning to it's green color. Even parts of the Omnitrix that wasn't the face plate had turned purple. A small alarm would go off at 12 minute intervals, letting them know that another firewall within the device had been bypassed.

Time was running short........

Suddenly Mikoto heard a noise that sounded familiar. It was the sound of another hoverboard. "What is that?"

"That would be my contact here in Anur Phaetos." said Tetrax. "He's the one who let me know about Ascalon in the first place. He's a rookie Plumber who was stationed on this planet."

Suddenly a tall figure in proto-armor soared in next to Tetrax on a hoverboard of his own. He had a cat-like face with pointy ears and perrywinkle blue fur. He also had black and white stripe patterns on his face. "Greetings Tetrax sir, I am glad you have made it. I fear our time might be short...."

"Mikoto, this is Rook Blonko." said Tetrax. " A Revonnahgander. He may be just a rookie, but he's also extremely skilled."

"It is an honor to meet you master Railgun ma'am." said Rook. "I have heard many a legend about you back in the Plumbers barracks."

"Legends?" Mikoto said confused. "What legends?"

"Your many exploits with the legendary Ben Tennyson are famous." said Rook. "Is it true that you actually took on Vilgax single handidly when master Tennyson was injured during the Daihaseisai?"

"Well.....yeah." said Mikoto feeling surprised that word of her could actually spread throughout the Universe like that. "But I barely got out of there with my life."

"And of course there is the high controversy about you and Ben supposedly having more then just a friendly relationship that was on Intergalactic News Celebrity section the other day.........." Rook continued.

"That's enough now Rook." said Tetrax. "This is hardly the time for fan interviews."

Rook nodded. "That much is true. I will show you the way to the Alter master Tetrax."

Mikoto leaned in and spoke to Tetrax. "Since when have I been so well known?"

"Ben Tennyson is already an intergalactic legend." said Tetrax. "The fact that he has the Omnitrix, has defeated Vilgax multiple times, and once saved the entire universe is spoken about througout the galaxy in the forms of stories, over exagerated poems, and songs. It's only natural that someone like you who lives with him would be well known."