Duel to The Death Between Two Lovers

"WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAT!!!?" shouted Mikoto standing up from the table abruptly with her face completely red.

Ben just sat there with his jaw open like he still couldn't process what the heck was going on. Even Index stopped eating long enough for her eyes to widen in surprise. Ocatagon and Rhomboid Vreedle on the other hand started acting all happy.

"Well I ought to be giving you congratulations Mr. Tennyson." Said Octagon clapping with the other Tetramands. "Though you and I were bitter enemies just moments ago, a wedding always manages to bring at least a little moisture to my eye parts."

"Octy, I think the waterworks have already started on my end." Said Rhomboid rubbing his eyes and sniffling.

Argit had fallen on the floor and was rolling around laughing. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Aw man! This is just too good!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Tetrax just shook his head. "Oh, dear.......this could be trouble."

Gar looked absolutely jubilant at his daughter's choice. "A wonderful choice daughter!! I will prepare the wedding immediately, it will a wedding that the galaxy shall speak of for ages to come!!!"

"Hold it! Hold it! Hold it!" Mikoto shouted frantically with a look on her face that suggested the sky was falling. "Ben can't marry her!!!"

"Mikoto calm down." said Tetrax.

"CALM DOWN!!!???" shouted MIkoto now looking delirious, "DON"T YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN TETRAX SHARD!!!!!!"

Looma ran over to Ben and picked him up from the chair and proceeded to give him a bone crushing hug. "Oh Benny Ben! This is wonderful!! Our wedding will be just so romantic, and the honeymoon. You'll be in a super spine throwing headlock for hours, won't that be wonderful?"

Ben merely groaned from the agony of Looma's hug. "Life.........flashing..........before.........my very eyes........help."

Mikoto's bangs began to crackle with sparks that made the very surrounding air smell like ozone.

"Mikoto, we can't refuse the marriage." said Tetrax trying to calm her. "It's bound by Tetramand law, and if Ben tries to refuse the marriage, it might offend Gar and we could forget about finding the Ancient Ones."

Mikoto whirled around and looked at Tetrax straight in the eyes with her face only two inches from his. "How do we stop it then? HOW!?"

"If we wan't to stop the wedding, another girl must challenge Looma for Ben's hand. But thats-"

Before Tetrax could finish his sentence, Mikoto shouted out for all to hear. "LOOMA RED WIND, I CHALLENGE YOU FOR BEN'S HAND!!!!!!!!!"

Gar looked at Mikoto open mouthed. Then he started laughing. "Dear me Mr. Tennyson. You have quite a many women hanging on to you. But I guess that's to be expected of a warrior of your stature. Very well, what do you say my daughter?!"

Looma looking furious, dropped Ben to the ground who started wheezing for air. "I accept her challenge, for my honor as dear Beny Ben's fiance depends on it!"

"Then a duel to the death it is!!" shouted Gar gleefully.

"Yeah that's right, you better-......" Mikoto stopped mid sentence. "W-wait, d-did you say duel to the death?!"

Looma Red Wind leaned in close to Mikoto's ear and whispered. "I am going to crush you like a Morandian Maggot."

Mikoto felt her body temperature drop by 20 degrees. "Geh........ulp."

4 hours later, Mikoto sat on the massive bed in the women's quarters of the palace with Ben, Index, and Touma trying to discuss the best way to get out of the duel.