Let The Chips Fall Where They May

Christi was pissed to say the least about the venue.

"How could you book it without talking about it with me? It is my wedding too," yelled Christi. Andrew had pushed her into what was known as the parlor room. It looked like any other room to her.

"Baby, you were talking to your sister. I didn't want to interrupt." Andrew tried to smile the problem away.

"Don't try that with me, Andrew. It is my wedding too. I don't want this mansion. It's bad luck."

"Seriously, don't tell me you believe that." Andrew collapsed in a nearby chair as if the very thought exhausted him.

"Yes. I don't want it. It shouldn't matter why. I want a different place," said Christi as she gripped the armrest of her wheelchair.

"Well, too bad. I already dropped a cool mil on this place."

"As in one million dollars. Why?" said Christi as she tried to scoot closer to him. Andrew stood up and walked to a nearby window. He leaned on the window before continuing.

"Well, I booked it for one whole week in February. My plan is to have a whole week of events that end in our wedding. We can have VIP guests stay here. Everyone will be clamoring for a spot. Trust me. It will be the talk of the town."

Christi threw her head in her hands. "It is not for anyone but us? We are getting married. Not having a Christmas party. This is too much!"

Andrew walked over to her. His muscles moving slowly in response underneath his tight white t-shirt. He crouched in front of her as he began to speak.

"Babe, I just want the world to see how great we are together. We have to cement our position in this town. This place will work out just fine." Then, he gave her a peck on the lips and left her alone with her thoughts.

Fiona walked in after him.

"So? What are you going to do?"

Christi shook her head and sighed. "Whatever he wants. I can't deal with this now. Take me home please."

Fiona nodded and called out to the other guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

All things must come to an end as they say. Looking back at it, there were tons of signs.

If Christi had to define the moment that it started to crumble like dominoes in a game. She would pinpoint it to the day she fell. Her physical therapist said she was making progress, so they wanted to see if she could stand on her own. Christie did. Then, she took her first step and crashed. Her therapist said that she stepped on her foot incorrectly. She had been walking all her life. How could she not know how to walk forward? Now, she practiced walking with the help of beams. With the recent failure of not walking on her own, walking with a set of beams seemed ridiculous. She felt like a child.

She missed the next appointment, saying she forgot. And then the next appointment was due to traffic. By the third excuse, she could no longer convince the chauffeur to lie for her. He told Andrew that very same day.

Andrew came bursting through the door, angrier than she's ever seen him.

"What is this that I hear about you missing your PT appointments? Are you crazy?" He threw his hands in the air.

"There's no point. I'm never going to play soccer again. I can't even walk on my own without help."

"So, you are going to give up? We're not quitters. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up," he said as he angrily pointed at Christie.