What To Do

Danny became such a staple at Amelia's house that it threw Amelia off when she came home to find Christi alone. 

"Where's your best pal?"

"He had to go on a business trip. He said that he will be back in time for our Christmas dinner."

Amelia smirked as she walked off to her bedroom to change. 

"That'll be nice for you, right?" Amelia yelled from the room. 

Christi huffed, but then remembered her sister was not in the room with her. 

"What are you talking about?"

Amelia walked back into the living room in a pair of yoga pants and a T-shirt. She slipped in the kitchen to grab a glass of water before joining her sister  on the couch. 

"Oh please. You do know this is my house, right? I know everything that goes on in here. You and Danny are starting up a romance." 

She said the last sentence like a statement. She had no doubts. 

"We are just rekindling an old flame. We are still working through some stuff."

Amelia carefully put the glass down on the coffee table before slowly turning to her sister. 

"An old flame? You two hooked up already? When? Why didn't you tell me? Aren't I your best friend?"

"Calm down. We hooked up in college. Seeing how you were in middle school. Yeah, I was not going to talk about my sex life with you."

"Does Cole know?"

"Seeing how they are still friends. Yeah. Um. . .I'm going to say no."

Amelia reared back as she thought of their brother. The answer should have been obvious. Compared to how he was in college, Cole now was very mellow. Though Amelia knew he was still very protective of all of his sisters, it was much worse back then. Due to the situation, it was understandable. 

"Well, how about now?"

Christi smiled sweetly. She was almost like an innocent girl with her blushing red cheeks, sparkling eyes and a sweet smile.

"I don't know."

Amelia laughed, feeling some of the joy her sister felt. She was happy for both of her sisters. They deserved all the happiness in the world. 

Suddenly, Christi turned to face the kitchen. 

"Did you see the flowers on the table?"

Amelia got up and walked back into the kitchen. When she came back, she brought back a pot of beautifully deep red poinsettias. There was a card attached that said "Thank you for being a loyal customer."

"Oh yeah! Reed told me that he was going to send them over."

"Ooh! Who is this Reed that you speak of?"

Amelia rolled her eyes as she gently placed the pot of flowers on the table. She carefully petted the flower petals, admiring their blood-red beauty. 

"He helps me with my garden."

Christi smiled back as she waggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"I bet he does. He's probably clearing out all the weeds in your garden."

"Christi. . .don't."

"I bet he's planting a few seeds in your holes."

"Ew . . . Christi! I liked it better when you were a zombie."

Both women laughed with joy. 

"No, but really. Christi, I really like that you are feeling better."

Christi hugged her sister as she continued to laugh. 

"Me too, sis. I feel more optimistic."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole watched his friend closely as Danny hummed away. They were on a plane back from a meeting in Miami. At first, Cole tried to ignore the sound thinking it was the plane. Then, he realized there was an obvious tune. It took only a few seconds to realize his friend was humming along. 

Danny didn't even seem to realize it. He flipped through papers just as Cole was doing, but there was a smile.  Danny even paused a few times to look out into the air and smile like a madman. Cole stared at Danny for several minutes in wonder. Something was up. 

For the past several weeks, Danny hadn't been in the office. That wasn't odd in itself. Danny was always doing something. He often felt the office was too stifling for him. Now, Cole felt that Danny hadn't been away due to meetings and other necessary business problems, but was busy with entirely different type of business. 

When he noticed that Danny would never float back to Earth to join him on his own, he decided to speak up. 

"So anything on the Walton family front for Christmas? I know you wanted to join us, but doesn't the Senator want you to come home?"

Danny looked up, almost seeming surprised that Cole was there. 

"Yeah. He wants me to drop by, but I spent Thanksgiving with them. I can't be there all the time. They'll start expecting it of me."

"I guess, I was just surprised you aren't hooking up with some lady for at least one of the holidays."

Danny laughed as he closed his laptop. "Well, I decided I needed to make this year more family-friendly. You know, we are getting older. We have to slow down eventually."

Cole narrowed his eyes as he looked at Danny. "We are only in our thirties. We have time still."

"Well. . .I guess it is just catching up to me. I'm seeing that there is more to life. And I want a part of it."

When Cole glared at Danny, he merely smiled back. He had missed Christi during the business trip. He couldn't wait to get back to her. He wanted to tell Cole. He wanted to tell everyone, but it wasn't up to him. He needed to see Christi before he let his joy let loose his tongue.