Blood Brothers

"What are you talking about?"

"You guys may think I'm delusional, but I know I will lose my sisters to someone special. I get it. I really do. I expected strangers to come in and take my place as the most important man in their life. I didn't expect someone I know to fulfill that role," Cole said passionately. 

"But isn't that a good thing. You know me. You know my family," said Danny as he rubbed his head. He was frustrated and very confused.

"No, you don't understand. I trusted you. With my business. My life. Even my sisters being taken care of. You were an integral part of all that. At the same time, I learned that you would support me. There are very few people I trust without question, but you are one of them. When I found out Wellington was stealing money and had lackeys that followed him, I never thought you even knew or had anything to do with it. Even when I looked twice at everyone else, I knew it was you and me against the world. When I first got custody, I put you as their guardian if anything happened to me. That's how much I trusted you. So to hear you have been lying behind my back, it cuts me bad, man."

Danny was in shock. He assumed that Cole was mad because he was dating his sister, but it was much greater. This was very raw on Cole's part. He never showed his emotions so clearly.

"I didn't think about it that way."

"I know. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I just need to have a circle of people that I can trust. So tell me the truth even if I don't want to hear it. Because how I found out was messed up. No brother wants to find out like I did. It was disrespectful to everything I built. I know I have to give her away. I just needed the chance to do it."

Danny put his head down in shame. That was exactly how he didn't want things to go. He felt saddened that he had caused so much turmoil in his best friend. 

"I'm sorry, Cole. Just know that she means the world to me. I'll treat her as so." 

Danny and Cole stared at each other for a few minutes. 

"I know that,Danny. I never had a problem with you dating my sister. You are a good man. Besides, I saw that business plan you helped Christi with. It has Christi's ideas, but your structure and systems all over it. I appreciate you doing that for her. That's all  I needed to know to know that you are sincere." Cole clapped Danny on the back. 

"I am sincere, man."

"I know. She's happy. With the guidance you provided, this might be her new future. It'll be good for her. So thank you."

"Not a problem." Both men stood and gave the awkward one-sided hug. Cole nodded and headed for the door. 

"Cole, wait." 

Cole turned around. 

"I'll gain your trust back."

"You never really lost it. Just merely misplaced it for a moment." 

Danny smiled in response as Cole left. Things were looking up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Christi met Danny the next day, he was above the moon. He met her with a kiss instantly. 

"I have found it, sweetheart."

"What?" 

"Our sure-fire ticket to success."

"Care to share?"

"Not yet. I have to iron out the details. Just know that we will solve your little problems."

"You ready to go?" 

Christi smiled with excitement as she adjusted herself on her crutches. This was the day. Her complete leg cast was going to be taken off and replaced with a more manageable half leg one. Christi wanted to go to the town hall meeting without the crutches. She would still need a cane, but a cane was much better to manage that two sticks stuck under your arms. She wanted to make a good first impression. 

When they walked in, the doctor got straight to business. She explained the care needed to make sure her surgery took. There were a few things she would have to deal with such as pins that would always be in her leg. The scars across the lower half of her leg may lighten in age, but would still be visible. 

The only thing Christi cared about was that she could walk now. Not fast or skilled, but it was a start. That's all she needed. A fresh start. 

When she walked out of the hospital with only a cane, she felt good. Danny held her hand as they left. 

"Are you happy, baby?" 

"You have no idea. I can't wait to move back in my own apartment. I feel like I have overstayed my welcome at Amelia's."

"I can't wait either." Danny punctuated the sentiment with a deep kiss. 

"Hmmm. . .how about we head to your place now?" suggested Christi.

"I was thinking the same thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two had barely made it in the door when Christi felt her back thrown against the front door. She gave as good as she got. She slid her good leg to cup his waist. When Danny trailed sweet nibbles down her shoulder, she let loose. 

"That's it. It's just us. Let me hear it." Christi didn't disappoint. Danny slid her other leg onto his other hip and carried her to his room. He dropped her on the bed and stripping her clothes. If she was worried about the cast still on her leg, Danny eliminated that. He kissed every inch of her body as he whispered to the quiet room words of her great beauty. 

Danny had not said it, but Christi knew. She was loved by him. This is what it felt like. It was an all-consuming fire that burned within whenever he was near. She thought of him constantly as a lover and a friend. She felt like she was becoming whole with him. He gave her strength. He gave her pleasure. 

He fueled her desire. 

"Christi.  . ."  Her name hung in the air as she moaned loudly in satisfaction. There was so much feeling in that one word. She knew she felt it too, so she responded in kind. 

"Danny . . ."