Chapter Four

We stayed like this, embracing each other tightly. I nuzzled my nose comfortably against Nate's shirt as I closed my eyes leisurely. He looked down at me and smiled. He then started stroking my back comfortingly. Sometimes, I feel like Nate went back to his friendly self again. I was glad that Nate and I got along. I've always wanted to get along with him again ever since high school started. He wasn't the asshole that I knew back when he used to bully me.
    "You okay now?" Nate asked, patting my back.
    "Y-yeah . . ." I replied, face pressed against his chest, trying to hide the pink hue that had formed on my cheeks.
    The moment Nate's arms left my waist, I reflexively squeezed him with my eyes shut tight. I could hear Nate chuckling. A large hand was then placed on my head, ruffling my hair.
    "Jone, you really are like a kid sometimes," Nate said with a smile.
    Every time he smiles, it makes my heart leap. I just couldn't take it anymore. I just wanted him to remember me already so that we could hang out like we used to. I didn't need him to be my lover, but I just wanted him to be there for me. Though, it would be a lot better if we were a couple if I do say so myself!
    I let go of him and gave him my biggest smile yet.
    "Oh, shut up. You're just treating me like one," I said with a chuckle, smile staying.
    Nate's eyes widened a bit as his cheeks grew noticeably light pink before he turned around with a hand over his mouth. I was confused. Did I do something wrong to make him turn around? Surely I couldn't have. I just gave him a smile. What's wrong with him? What a weird jock.
    "Uh, hey, Nate, you okay, bro?" I placed my hand on his shoulder and shook him lightly.
    "Huh?" He turned around and stared at me for a few seconds. "Y-yeah. Uh—why'd ya ask?" He was sweating a bit and his face was flushed with a darker shade of pink than before. I looked at him with wide eyes and placed a hand on his forehead quickly. I hope he doesn't have a fever! I thought worriedly. He looked at me, face turning redder now. "Wait, wha—"
    "I'm checking if you have a fever," I interjected, frowning.
    Nate might think I was annoyed because I was frowning, but he was wrong if he did. Deep down, I was worried for the guy. What if Nate was sick? He would miss classes and he would feel uncomfortable! I was doing this as a job of a friend and also a secret admirer.
    Before I even noticed, Nate gripped my wrist and pulled my hand away from his forehead. He looked at me with a reassuring smile. "I'm fine." He released my wrist and ruffled my hair. I looked at him with worried eyes. This guy is making me way too worried!
    "R-really?" I said.
    "Really," Nate smiled. "Don't worry about me, dude. Worry about yourself more. Make sure not to get beaten up."
    I glared at him abruptly once he mentioned about not getting beaten up. "Says the one who started all the bullshit."
    Nate stared at me for a while before laughing sheepishly. Don't tell me that he has forgotten about all the bullying that he has done to me!
    "HEY! DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT!" I screamed at him suddenly.
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chill, bro." Nate took a step back. I walked up to him and started punching his chest softly while calling him an idiot and a jerk. Nate just couldn't stop laughing. I knew I looked like those girls in those Japanese animation when they were mad. I knew I looked stupid, but the stupid one here was Nate! How the hell could he have forgotten that he was my main bully!
    Nate then decided to tease me by calling me a kid and saying that I was acting like one. I pouted with a frown. Damn this good looking jock in front of me. I turned around and folded my arms childishly. I could hear Nate chuckling. "See what I mean by kid? You get angry really easily."
    "Damn you," I said with a frown.
    All Nate could do was chuckle. His chuckling brought me back to those times when he actually teased me till he got slapped in the face by me—I didn't smack him too hard, but to be honest, he kind of deserved it for all the non-stop teasing he's done. And he would end up pouting and apologizing so cutely that I couldn't help but accept his apology right away.
    We stayed silent for a moment with Nate still facing my back which made him sigh loudly. I just stayed silent while he was probably just scratching his head while thinking of what to do. Then, I felt an arm around my stomach. Oh god, what does he want now? And what was he planning to do?
    "What do you want n—" The moment I turned to face him, I could see a smirk on his face before he lifted me up on his shoulder. The next thing he did shocked me. He patted my butt. Did he literally just patted my ass? My face instantly turned red.
    "Since you can't act like a teen and you decide to act like a kid, I'm gonna treat you like one," Nate said.
    I couldn't see his face at the moment but I could tell that he still had a smug look on his face. Screw you, Nate! I started beating his back.
    "Let me go, you bastard!" I screamed somewhat childishly. He just laughed in response as he started moving while I continued hitting him. I kept screaming for him to let me go but he doesn't want to listen.
    "Hey! Let me go, you goddamn—" Before I could even finish, I was thrown onto my bed. He still had that stupid smug face while he stared down at me. I gritted my teeth. The moment I started to get up, he pushed me down. He held me down with force as his lips curved into a wider smirk. I started struggling to get out of his grip.
    "Hey, stop thrashing around!" He said with a frown.
    "As if I would listen!" I said with a glare.
    "Seriously, are you actually a teen or a kid?"
    "I'm fully matured!"
    "I can't tell 'cause you're acting like a kid right now!"
    "Goddammit, Nate! Let me go, you son of a—" Before I managed to complete my sentence, I suddenly realized that this was a horrible position to be in. Nate was kneeling on the bed while he was in between my legs and my hands were pinned above my head. Nate smirked at me. "What? Cat got your tongue?" My face turned dark red. I immediately pushed my right feet against his face as I turned away.
    "Hey! What the hell is this for?!" Nate yelled irritatedly as he held both my hands down with one hand while the other gripped my right ankle.
    "G-get off!" I screamed, face still flushed.
    "Okay! Okay! Don't take a stupid joke so seriously!" Nate said with a glare before letting go of my wrists and ankle.
    "N-no! That's not it!" I said, embarrassed.
    Nate shot me a confused look. "Then why did you suddenly get so irritated and mad? Your whole face was red."
    "Nate, you've got to be kidding me! You didn't notice?!"
    "What are you talking about?!"
    "The position we were in just now!" It took me almost all of my courage to finally explain to him. His face turned red once he realized the position we were in. He scratched the back of his neck.
    "O-oh . . ." Nate said, face still red. "Sorry, man. Got too carried away."
    We stayed silent for a few seconds.
    "Let's not talk about this ever again," I said quickly with an embarrassed blush.
    "Agreed." Nate nodded as the awkwardness between us increased by a tad bit.