Chapter Five

We took a sit on my bed and kept quiet for a while. I took a deep breath and shook my head with a smile. We really get along well, huh? I thought, smile still plastered on my face. I let out a happy sigh. I knew Nate was looking at me, confused, so I explained to him with a smile, "We get along really well."
He smiled back. "Yeah, I guess so." He looked at me with a sudden change of expression. From a smiling face to a stoic one. "Have I apologized to you for all the shit I did?"
"I don't really remember . . ." I replied as my smile faltered. I looked at Nate with a genuine smile. "But hey! It's honestly okay. At least we managed to—"
Nate slammed his hand on my bed which made me flinched. "IT'S OKAY?! YOU DO KNOW WHAT I DID TO YOU BEFORE, RIGHT?"
I just realized how Nate was scarier than usual. "I—"
"NO! IT'S NOT OKAY!" he shouted, cutting me off. "YOU KNOW FUCKING WELL WHAT I DID TO YOU!"
This was the first time I've been scared of Nate really badly. I have never seen him this mad before. I didn't think he would have this much of a big reaction.
Tears pricked the corner of my tears. The tears began to glide down my cheeks smoothly. Nate's glare softened into a guilty and remorseful expression. I quickly wiped my tears away. "S-sorry for crying again. I was just shocked." No matter how many times I wiped my tears away, they just kept flowing.
"Fucking hell . . ." I cursed as I let out a soft groan.
Shit, the tears won't stop, I thought.
I was too busy cursing that I didn't even realize Nate's hand inching closer to my face. I only realized it once his hand made contact with it, causing me to flinch. Though, his hand stayed, caressing my cheek. He moved his thumb near my left eye and wiped the tears away. My face and eyes were red from blushing and crying.
I started sulking once his hand left my cheek but I didn't show it. Instead of standing up and walking away from my bed like I thought he would, he pulled me into a sudden warm embrace. I nuzzled my nose into his neck like how a cat would and my tears instantly stopped. A small smile crept up on my face as I enjoyed the warm embrace.
"Sometimes . . . I really like it when you treat me like a kid . . ." I mumbled in his neck inaudibly as I felt my cheeks getting warmer.
"What?" He looked at me, confused.
"No, it's nothing," I replied with a small smile.
"Ya know," Nate looked up at the ceiling, not letting me go. "Now that I think about it, you act more like a cat."
I let out a soft laugh and grinned at him. "Meow."
"Hey," Nate said. He grabbed my chin softly and smiled at me. "You stopped crying."
"Yup, I know."
"Is this the antidote for you to stop crying? A hug?"
"Shut up!"
Nate laughed and ruffled my hair. "I'm not making fun of you."
"Then don't laugh!" I blushed embarrassingly. "T-there's nothing wrong with the antidote for my tears to stop falling like a waterfall!"
"Yes, yes, I know," Nate said as he scratched the back of his head. "Kid."
"Enough with the teasing, you ass!" I hit him on his shoulder playfully.
"You need to learn to chill."
"And you, mister, need to learn your subjects!"
"Ohhh hell no! We are not talking about studying right now."
"Oh hell yes, we are! You can't even cope with another hour of studying and just decide to head off to the cafeteria!"
"I was hungry!"
"So was I! But I can manage at least an hour before eating!" I stood up after we were done hugging. "We're going back to studying after I throw out my food."
Nate looked at me with a brow raised. "You haven't even touched any of it and you're gonna just throw it out like that?"
I nodded. What do you want me to do, Nate? I thought. My food has already gotten cold. Obviously, I would have to throw it away. Besides, it taste like shit.
Nate stood up as well and grabbed me by my wrist. He pulled me towards my seat and pushed me down on it—not too roughly.
"It's just cold. You can still eat it," said Nate. "Are you trying to waste food?"
"Ugh . . . fine! I'll heat it up and eat it if it makes you happy," I said, frowning.
"Good," he said. "You have to eat more." He grabbed my waist. "You're so skinny— no. You're too skinny."
"H-hey!"
"It's true."
Nate suddenly slipped an arm underneath my shirt and started feeling around my stomach. My face instantly turned red.
"H-hey, Nate. C-can you p-please stop?" I asked, trembling as I felt his hand travel around my body.
Nate didn't say anything. He just continued to feel around my body. This was a really bad situation to be in! I grabbed his wrist. "Nate, please," I pleaded. He looked at me for a moment with a deadpan expression before continuing. How is he so calm about this situation! I have to convince him to stop. I thought—hard. What can make him stop?
I finally sighed. "I-if you stop, we won't need to continue studying."
Nate looked at me, eyes glistening with light. "Really?" I nodded. His hands that were combing around my body before were raised up in the air as his lips formed a smirk. "I knew that would convince you!"
I looked at him with wide eyes. Before I knew it, I was already throwing all sorts of stuff at him with a vexed expression. Obviously, I wasn't throwing things that could physically hurt him. I was screaming at him, hitting him with a pillow profusely now and he was just laughing his ass off, apologizing in a joking manner, obviously not meaning it.
"NATE, I AM SO DONE WITH YOU! SCREW YOU!" I screamed, eyes narrowed in frustration and face red from anger. I threw the pillow aside before stomping towards him with angry eyes.
"C'mon, man. It's just a joke," said Nate, still chuckling.
I had the urge of showing him both my middle fingers right now but I knew I had to stay calm. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I looked at him with a calm expression.
    "Look, how about we study tomorrow since today's a Friday," I said, smile twitching. "Let's get you from a nincompoop to one hell of a smart asshole, shall we?"
"Oh shit," said Nate as he backed away.