Chapter Ten

After opening the door to our dorm, Nate laid me down on my bed and tucked me in. He sat on the bed beside me and smiled at me warmly. My mouth curved into a small smile automatically and the cause of it was all Nate's warm and genuine smile.
    I wanted to lift the upper half of my body just to kiss his lips, only for him to kiss me back sweetly, hands wrapped around my waist while my hands were around his neck. I wanted him to get under the bed with me and embrace me while I sleep dreamlessly. And when I wake up, I want to see his handsome face.
    He ran his hand through my hair softly and said in a soft-spoken tone, "Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."
    I did as told and slowly closed my eyes, the peaceful smile not leaving my face. Somehow, I could feel Nate smiling back at me with the same warmth.
    I ended up having a dream about our childhood, and when we became teenagers, we never separated. We were always together whether be it during our break or during the weekends.
    In my dream, when we turned the age that we are now, we became lovers. Though, Nate was the one that confessed to me instead of me telling him in a shaky voice that I liked him in a romantic way. After hearing that, I was smiling brightly as I tiptoed to kiss him.
    My eyes slowly opened up and Nate was seating beside me like before. When he realized I was awake, he smiled at me and said, "Hey. How ya feeling? I bought some soup for you while you were sleeping."
    I looked at the study table and saw a container that contained chicken soup in a white translucent plastic bag.
    All I did was smile as if I wanted to thank him but couldn't speak. I tugged on his hand signalling that I was hungry, even mouthing out the words. Surprisingly, Nate got the signal and nodded with a smile, telling me to wait while he gets the soup.
    Nate came back with a plastic spoon in his right hand while his left hand held the container of chicken soup.
    "I'm gonna feed you, all right?" he asked.
    I nodded in reply and watched him scoop a spoon full of soup and brought it near to his mouth, blowing it. He noticed me looking at him and blushed bright pink from embarrassment.
    "D-don't look at me like that! It's hot so I'm just trying to help you," Nate said, embarrassed.
     I let out a soft chuckle at how cute he was and all I received was a blush and a small frown. I found the look he was giving me cute. I wasn't making fun of him. He was actually really cute. Once he shows his nice side, he looks really cute from young till now.
    He brought the spoon to my mouth as I opened it, letting him feed me.
    After eating, I felt a lot better. At least I wasn't hungry, and my headache was gone, too. And what's better was that Nate stayed with me the whole entire time, asking me if I was okay and telling me if I needed anything, I could just ask him.
    "Can you talk?" Nate asked curiously.
    "Yes," I replied softly with a small smile.
    "That's good," he smiled.
    "Yeah . . ." I trailed off, smile staying on my face.
    Nate smiled back, making my heart race. Don't show me that smile . . . I won't be able to hold back anymore . . . I thought with a blush as I slid deeper beneath the blanket to hide my red face. I clutched the blanket tighter as I could feel Nate's hand on my forehead, asking if I had a fever.
     My head popped out of the blanket with an embarrassed expression as I shook my head. I wanted to hug him so bad but I knew that I couldn't because I was weak from the injuries.
    Nate looked at me with concern and took a thermometer from the table and asked, "Are you sure? If you're sick, we can't continue our study sessions, you know? I'll bring you to the clinic if you are."
    I just smiled at him brightly. "I'm really fine. I don't feel ill at all. I'm just injured, so it's okay. Thanks for worrying about me."
    "If you say so," Nate said with a smile. "But tell me if you start feeling sick all of a sudden, okay?"
    I nodded in reply, receiving a small smile.
    "I'll make it up to you for what they did," Nate blurted.
    I looked at him, surprised for a moment before shaking my head. "Nate, it wasn't your fault—"
    "Please."
    I looked at how desperate he was to the point where he begged to make it up to me because his gang of assholes decided to beat the shit out of me. I smiled and nodded in agreement.
    Nate looked at me, his eyes lit up with happiness. "Thanks. I will make it up to you, I swear. I'll buy you anything, I'll bring you to the movies, I'll—"
    "Nate," I began as he looked at me. "Spending time with you is already enough. Even if it means only walking around the park."
     He grinned. "I'm so glad to hear that. I—"
    While he was blabbering about how happy he felt, all I could do was smile. I lifted my upper body and leaned against his back.
    "I'm glad you're happy. Because when you're happy, it makes me happy as well," I said as I hugged him from behind, cheek pressed against his back.
    Hearing Nate chuckle, I took that as a positive sign and before lying back down on my bed again, he turned his body towards me just as I withdrew my arms and hugged me properly.
    I hugged him back and laid my head on his shoulder and said with a chuckle, "I didn't know you like hugs that much till now."
    Nate laughed and replied, "Only with my childhood friend though, since I miss him so much."