Chapter Thirty-three

For the rest of the year, I was finally able to get my position back as Nate's tutor. Laura was finally able to get back to her normal cheery self. After the incident, she didn't go for lessons for a week and just stayed in the dorm, which made Stephanie really worried that we bumped into each other when visiting Laura. We managed to introduce ourselves.
Whenever Nate and I visit Laura, she would have this really emotionless look unless we managed to make her smile or laugh, which we succeeded sometimes. And once she got back to class, some of our teachers scolded her for not attending lessons with a valid reason. Mrs. Vandelmen and Mrs. Penny noticed this and reasoned with the teachers who scolded her and managed to get them to apologize to her in front of the class, which made her feel really awkward.
Oh! And not to mention, Laura's new tutee was Stephanie, which they were happy about. I heard that Stephanie was a very bubbly girl like Laura but she always has this happy-go-lucky face when she completes her practice papers that Laura gives her and doesn't even check. She ends up getting scolded by Laura while showing a pouty face as Laura sighs while looking at her.
Time flew and before we knew it, it was close to our graduation and there was going to be a prom held in the main hall. The hall was decorated, and it was really colorful. But I could care less since I wasn't going.
We got back our results and I wasn't surprised that I was the top highest in class again. I even got full marks on some papers, which I was proud of. Well, it was pretty easy for me. But enough of my arrogance. What I was shocked about was that Nate managed to get an A on one of the subjects! He managed to score 81% for Math! I really didn't think this would happen so I was really proud of him.
And apparently, he wanted a reward . . .
When we were walking back to our dorm, I was pushed against the wall with Nate in front of me, smirking. I pushed him back and shook my head, blushing. "Nate, we can't. What if someone spots us?" I looked around the empty corridor cautiously before looking back at him.
"Nah, I think we're fine. No one's here, anyway," he said as he leaned in.
I smacked his chest lightly as a signal to stop but he didn't listen as he kissed me deeply with his hands around my waist. My eyes were shut tight as my hands were both squeezed against Nate's chest as they were sandwiched between us. He was licking my lips, asking me for entrance. But before I gave up on struggling to escape and opened my open for his tongue to enter, we heard multiple thuds on the floor.
We immediately pulled away and looked to the side. There stood Aiden Bach, another guy in Nate's gang, who had dropped his basketball. His mouth was wide opened in shock. He then pointed at Nate and yelled, "What the hell, man! Gross!" He then quickly picked up his basketball before dashing off.
I sighed, looking at Nate. "Nate, this is why I told you we shouldn't do this outside the dorm!"
Nate smirked, confusing me. "I don't care. So what if I lose my gang?"
"But Nate, they're gonna spread this to the whole school," I said with a frown. "I don't want them to start beating you up and making fun of you."
"Nah, it's fine. I can care less—"
"What is going on here? I heard someone yelling," a voice interrupted us.
I didn't need to turn to see who it was. I knew this voice too well. It was Mrs. Vandelmen.
Nate unwrapped his arms rather slowly as he looked at her.
Mrs. Vandelmen had a brow raised, but instead of questioning why we were hugging in the corridor for no reason, she asked, "So, did anything happen? I heard someone yelling—and I know it isn't good."
I stood still as I looked at her with an awkward and embarrassed smile with my arms at the back, playing with my fingers. I laughed awkwardly. "Uh, well, um . . ." I couldn't even tell her what was going on. I was way too embarrassed. My face was red.
Mrs. Vandelmen sighed before chuckling. "Never mind. You don't have to say it. I probably know." Mrs. Vandelmen then smiled at us innocently. "But seriously, you guys, if you want to make out, please do it in the dorm."
My face was so red that I felt as if I was ready to explode in embarrassment as I hid my face in Nate's chest. He was chuckling awkwardly before he nodded.
"Now, my concern is that this whole bullying thing has been happening a lot because of stupid reasons," Mrs. Vandelmen sighed as she walked closer to us. "I've been hearing all sorts of things from students' mouths that had made me feel like slapping them."
"Tell me about it . . ." I sighed as I looked at her with an irritated look.
"Look, I have a solution. But I am not 100% sure it will work—actually, I honestly don't really have much faith in this solution," Mrs. Vandelmen said, heaving another sigh. "But we can always give it a shot."
I immediately responded. "Let's try it then!"
Nate agreed with a nod and a smile.
"Right . . ." Mrs. Vandelmen nodded. "You might think that this idea is dumb and it won't change the way of how students think—"
"No way! We're up for any idea that can stop this problem!" I quickly interrupted her, urging her to go on.
Mrs. Vandelmen gave me a smile. "Right. So, as you know, the principal always has some announcements to give out in the main hall. So, tomorrow, you all will be heading to the main hall for the last period, am I right?" I was about answer but Mrs. Vandelmen just continued talking. "So, why don't you make an announcement after his announcement? You just have to tell him that you're going to make an announcement after his—and he has to know what it is."
I didn't even think twice before replying—well, I didn't need to. "Okay! We'll try that!"
And so, we did. And gladly, the principal actually encouraged us to do so.