Chapter Twenty-four

It has been almost three weeks now. I finally had the courage to tell Nate that I was going to befriend Leo and possibly Laura. For the past weeks of tutoring him and leaving Nate's academic knowledge in Laura's hands, Leo and I got along really well. We would actually talk when Leo was given a break and I noticed that I've been smiling more.
    "Wait, you and Leo? Friends? Jone, that's just . . ." Nate paused and sighed. "What happened to not being close with Leo?"
    "I know it's stupid to befriend him, but maybe Laura and Leo really have changed! Despite his introduction on his first day, he's actually a really nice person!" I told Nate with a small assuring smile.
    "But—I—" Nate turned away and cursed under his breath before looking at me and heaving a sigh. "Look, I'm not mad at you if you wanna befriend him, but mind you, he used to bully you a lot—"
    "That's the past," I said.
    "I—"
"Besides, who was the one that used to bully me and ended up being my boyfriend?"
Nate heaved a big sigh. "Okay, I won't disallow this but if he does anything to you, I'll—"
Before Nate could finish his sentence, there was a knock on the door. Without saying anything, I just looked at him with a confused expression. I walked towards the door and opened it. There stood a bubbly Laura with a smiling Leo who was holding a volleyball. What were they doing here?
"Um, hey. What are you two doing here?" I asked with a raised brow.
Nate stood beside me with the same face and had his arms folded.
"Well, Leo wanted to teach you how to play volleyball, Jone!" Laura said with a smile. "Meanwhile, I'm heading out with my bestie, Stephie!" she then said in a singing tone. "Make sure to watch my bro, all right? Big sis ain't there to watch him!"
I chuckled a little bit as Nate groaned softly but noticeably when Leo glared at the laughing Laura.
"Laura, can you stop? I'm not a kid, you know?" Leo asked irritatedly.
"But I'm older! I'm suppose to take care of my stupid, whiney brother who wouldn't stop bugging me about teaching Mr. Nerd here how to play volleyball!" Laura said before looking at me with an apologetic smile. "No offense, Jone."
"None taken," I smiled. "I am a nerd, so I wouldn't deny that fact."
"All right," Laura said with a grin. "See you guys later! Stephie ain't happy with me because it seems that I'm late for our hangout!"
With that, Laura rushed off. She ran down the stairs, almost tripping herself as she shouted to us that she was okay before scampering off.
Laura was actually a fun person to be around with. If I had an older sister like her, I would definitely hang out with her every day! But apparently, Leo doesn't like her because he told me that she was weird and annoying. I don't see how she's annoying, though.
Leo sighed before looking at me. "So, wanna learn how to play volleyball? Just felt like teaching you," he said with a grin.
"Sure—" I was interrupted by Nate snaking an arm around me and pulling me closer to him before telling Leo with an unsatisfied frown, "I'm coming along as well."
Leo's grin then turned into an awkward smile. "Oh, uh, if you want, I guess."
Nate then huffed as he withdrew his arm before folding it.
Oh man, this was gonna get awkward.

Nate came with us so that he could watch over me and make sure that Leo doesn't do anything to me. Nate didn't even wanna learn how to play volleyball. He just sat on the bench in the corner of our sports hall with his arms folded. His expression was blank, and his eyes were following my every movement as he slumped against the wall.
    Every time I made eye contact, I would just smile at him, earning a sigh and a small smile, which was undeniable adorable. And whenever I focus my gaze on Leo, Nate would just frown or show a deadpan expression. I felt sorry for him because he wasn't joining in the fun.
"All right, do you wanna try serving?" Leo asked with the same smile that was on his face the whole entire when he was teaching me.
"I can try," I said with an awkward smile.
This was pretty bad. Even though Leo explained how to toss and serve, I still didn't seem to get it. I was probably gonna embarrass myself.
"Go for it," he said with a smile, giving me the volleyball. "Try an underhand serve."
My mind just went blank. Leo taught me two types of serves: the jump serve and the underhand serve. He knew that I couldn't do the jump serve since only advanced volleyball players like him could do it. But he said that it was just to show off his volleyball skill and for my own volleyball knowledge if I ever take a liking to volleyball. An underhand serve is pretty simple, he stated. But it seems that when he was teaching me, my mind just wandered off to who-knows-where. It was ironic.
I let out an awkward laugh. "Um, sorry, but can you guide me?"
"No problem," he said with a small chuckle. "So, you're right-handed, right?"
I nodded in reply.
"Okay, then hold the ball in your left hand," Leo said, making his way towards me, grabbing the ball from me and placing it on my left hand. "Hold it still."
I did as told. He then stood behind me and leaned in, his face almost resting on my shoulder. He then supported me by cupping my left hand which held the ball as if he was the one serving it. Next, he wrapped his hand around my right fist, positioning my fingers.
"And then you bring your right arm back," he said, now grabbing my wrist, pulling it back. "And then you swing it and send the ball flying."
He then swung my arm and made contact with the volleyball, sending it flying over the net.
I could feel a bad aura that was protruding from Nate. When Leo released my wrist, Nate pulled my arm, dragging me out of the sports hall. "We're leaving," he told Leo, not waiting for a reply before shutting the door.
This can't be good, I thought.
Nate dragged me back to the dorm, shutting the door before gripping my shoulders, pushing me against it. He was in a bad mood. He had a very irritated frown and he had gritted his teeth.
"Nate, are you—" I was cut off by Nate who suddenly kissed me, forcing his tongue through my lips. My eyes went wide from the sudden action as he explored the cavern of my mouth with his tongue. I moaned in the kiss as he kissed me deeper, saliva sliding down the side of my mouth.
When Nate pulled apart to breathe, there was a string of saliva that was attached to our tongues before it split apart. Nate growled with a small blush while my face was a tad bit of a darker shade of red than his.
Wiping off the saliva, I looked up at him, blush still present on my face. "W-what's with the sudden kiss?"
"You're mine and mine only," Nate said as he looked at me with a serious expression.
That was when I realized that Nate was jealous. He couldn't stand the sight of Leo. Let alone him touching me or making skin contact.
I looked up at Nate and smiled, laughing a bit.
"Hey, I'm serious—" I cut him off by kissing him, pulling apart with the same smile. "I'm yours and yours only."
I hugged him, snuggling my head in his chest. He sighed and just hugged me back while placing his chin on my head.
Nate will be the only person that I will love. There was no way I could love anyone else than him. He was such a sweet person after all. I don't ever wanna leave his side. If I would rather deal with his nonsense or spend a day hanging out with a friendly Leo, I would rather choose to deal with his bullshit.