Chapter Eleven

Before we knew it, it was finally Sunday. I've recovered mostly from my injuries, which was great. I could resume tutoring Nate so that he could be prepared for our biology test on Monday.
But there was one problem. Nate wouldn't stop bothering me about taking me out today, which I refused since we had a test to study for. But he wouldn't stop whining like a brat.
"But, Jone, I promised to take you out," Nate said, clinging onto me as if I were a mother of a seven year old kid.
"Nate, we'll discuss this after the test on Monday," I said, trying to pry him off.
Nate only hugged my waist tighter when I tried to get him off. It was pretty annoying considering he told me I was childlike and yet he was acting like a brat. Oh, the irony . . .
"Well, fuck the test!" Nate said with a frown.
I could only sigh at what he said and just fold my arms.
I thought for quite a while before coming to a conclusion.
I smiled at him. "Nate, if you can score at least 65% for your test, we can go out next weekend for as long as you want."
He finally withdrew his arms and thought about it. After sighing and agreeing, he sat on his chair. "Fine then. Teach me. I'll definitely score 65% or more."
I smiled at his confidence and sat on my chair before patting his head. "Good boy."
Nate's eyes widened at my arrogance and glared at me for a moment before playing along with a smirk. "I'll make you proud, Mom."
It was my turn to glare at him and whack him on the head playfully before starting our study session.
An hour passed by quickly and Nate was doing really well! He could answer majority of the questions in his practice booklet and he even asked me questions if he didn't know.
Compared to our first session, Nate has improved tremendously. I was really happy about it—I mean, if I were his mom or dad, I would be so happy that I'd bring him out to eat at an expensive restaurant or buy him anything he'd ask for.
"Jone, I'm done," Nate said, exhausted as he laid back in his chair.
"All right, I'll mark it," I said.
As I scanned through his answers and marked them with either a tick or cross, I felt pretty happy with his work. And his score was 67%— pretty high for a lazy jock like him.
I smiled at his score and faced the practice booklet towards him. "Think you can get 70%? That'd be amazing."
He smirked at me. "And what if I did?"
I laughed arrogantly. "It's not that I don't think you can do it but we'll see."
He chuckled at my arrogance. "If I get 70%, I'll be taking you out on Saturday and we will have a break from studying on Friday as you will be my personal butler or slave."
I raised my brow. "Slave? Nate, please, I'm not going to be your slave."
"Whatever. But you have to do whatever I tell you to do."
"Oh? We'll see if you can get 70%."

It was Monday and we were in our last period which was biology lesson. And that means it was test time.
Our biology teacher, Mr. Thomas, handed out our tests and waited for the whole class to be silent before giving out instructions. He then told us that we could start our test, and in my mind, all I could think of was that this was going to be a piece of cake.
After finishing my paper—first one to finish as always—I started thinking about the deal we had made. On Friday, I have to be his so-called butler while on Saturday, he is going to take me out.
I snickered softly at our deal. There was no way he could make it to 70% or above . . . right?
Yes, we did study a little more than usual on Sunday, but I doubted he could get 70%. No way in hell am I going to be his butler. I am a student, not a butler!
I glanced over at Nate and saw him concentrating on the test. He has never been so focused before. Even when he was in elementary school! He could either be seen sleeping or playing with his stationaries during a test. And now, look at him!
I smiled proudly. I sure did change him!
I realized that Nate was done as he set his pen down, looking through his answers before lying back in his chair. I almost called out to him but quickly remembered that there was an ongoing test. Before any words could leave my mouth, I placed my hand over it, smiling at my own stupidity before uncovering it.
Nate noticed me staring at him and smirked at me. Wow, what arrogance he has. Let's see if he would act all high and mighty after he receives his result.
I just smirked back at him before showing him an innocent smile and laying my head on the desk, looking at my hands playing with the eraser due to boredom.
I suddenly remembered a past where we were in elementary school and Nate would always play with his eraser after a few moments into the test. I would whisper to him, telling him not to play with it and do his test, but he would whisper back, saying he didn't care.
I smiled at the memory and finally left my eraser alone as I sighed at the bad habit I got from Nate. I glanced at him only to receive a confused face and him mouthing, What are you doing?
I shook my head as a reply and placed my index finger against my lips and pointed to Mr. Thomas who was walking down Nate's row. Nate immediately faced his paper right before Mr. Thomas walked past the student in front of him, earning a small giggle from me.