Chapter Twenty-one

After discussing about our new partners, we stayed in the dorm for a while. All we did was chat to cheer each other up from our disappointments but it didn't really help at all. We even hugged and kissed each other with fake cheerful smiles but nothing seemed to work. Not to mention, after having a chat with Mrs. Vandelmen, she told us to announce this to both Leo and Laura since they didn't know anything about the tutoring event. What's worse was that we didn't know when the event will be stopped until announced. It could go on until we graduate from high school.
    "All right, maybe we should head to their dorm now," I said, heaving a sigh as I stood up from my bed.
    Nate also heaved a sigh. "Fine."
    "I don't get why we have to switch . . . Mrs. Vandelmen even told us that our tutoring session with them has to start today . . ."
    "Shitty principal," Nate growled.
    I didn't make a comment about what Nate said and just resumed back to the topic. "All right . . . Which dorm are they in again? Was it Dorm 86 or something?"
    Nate just quietly nodded as he stood up from his own bed, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "We'll see each other tonight, all right?"
    "Of course," I smiled and pecked him on the lips before my lips formed a thin line with expressionless eyes. "Let's go."
    Leaving our dorm, we headed up to the third level to find Dorm 86 and quickly found it. Like all the corridors in Building D (which was the building with all the dorms), it was empty. Everyone was in their dorms doing whatever they were doing.
    As we stood in front of Dorm 86, we just looked at each other uncomfortably and just fought silently over who should knock. Since Nate gave up on arguing, he was about to knock, but before he could, the door opened and there stood Laura with a surprised expression.
    "Oh, uh, hi there! How may I help you?" she smiled.
    "Laura, who's at the door?" Leo asked from inside.
    Laura looked back at Leo. "Oh, uh, if I'm not wrong, it's two of our classmates or something."
    I looked at Nate and raised a brow at him. He seemed to get what I wanted to say and just shrugged. We were both equally confused since Laura didn't really know who we were. We didn't even change since elementary school so we were shocked that she actually forgot about us.
    When Leo came to the door, he looked at us before looking directly at me and pointed at me. I was almost going to slap his hand away because I thought he was going to point out that I was their victim in elementary school, but instead, he said, "You're the guy that I threw the paper plane at!"
    "You did what, bro!" Laura said as she glared at Leo. "You can't just do that!"
    "Look, dude, I'm sorry for the paper airplane thing," Leo said as he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.
    Nate was holding back the urge to punch him and I could see it in his eyes. It was pretty obvious so I nudged him to get his attention and frowned at him. He seemed to get what I was indicating and dropped his glare.
    I looked at Leo and formed a fake smile. "It's all right. I know you didn't mean it so . . ." I almost clenched my teeth when forgiving him, but I held back the urge and just continued to smile brightly. "Anyway, there's this event in school where students get to tutor students whose academic results are quite shit. And Laura, you get to tutor Nate while I take care of your brother, Leo." I couldn't help but swear. It was only natural to swear when someone's not in a good mood.
    Laura raised a brow at how I could curse while I was smiling like an angel but shrugged it off and looked at Nate. "You must be Nate, right? Nice to meet ya!"
    Nate let out a fake chuckle. "Uh, nice to meet you as well, Laura."
    "So, Laura," I started with the same angelic face. "Please head down to our dorm which Nate will lead you to while I stay up here with this piece of shi—Leo."
    "U-um," Laura stuttered. "A-all right." She then looked at Leo and glared at him, mouthing something to him before saying her goodbye. When the door closed, I sighed, sitting on the chair near the study table with a small frown.
    "Look, man," Leo started, getting my attention. "I get that you're angry because of what I did that made the whole class laugh at you. And yeah, I get it. I'm a piece of shit, all right—"
    "Oh, was it that fucking obvious?" I mumbled which was inaudible for Leo, but he seemed to know what I said and just sighed before continuing. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I mean it."
    I looked at him with a frown before dropping it when I saw that he meant it and just sighed. "Apology accepted, I guess. But seriously, don't do that shit in class. It's fucking annoying." I have never swore that much before, but because Leo was my elementary school bully and he forgot all about it (which I was grateful for) doesn't mean he turned a new leaf. He was still an asshole. And for him to be unaware that I was that one dude that no one liked was just irritating.
    "I get it, I get it," he said as he took a sit in the chair next to me, slumping in it. "If we don't get along, I know why. But it's fine. It's my fault."
    "We can get along," I stated which I totally regret after. "Just don't do anything bad to me and we can be friends."
    "Oh," Leo said as he sat up straight with a small smile. "What's your name, by the way?"
    I stayed silent for a while before looking at him with a bored expression. "Jone."
    "Oh?" he said as he looked at me.
    I knew it. He totally knows who I am. There was no way I would be able to get away from him now. He's gonna bully me in high school now. He's going to laugh at me along with Laura and embarrass me. It was a mistake to tell him my name—
    "Well, hey, Jone," Leo greeted with a smile.
    Well, maybe not . . .
    I looked at him and tried to form a smile. "Now, shall we get started?"