Chapter 1: Let's Be Real, Nick

✔️= edited

Ah, it's Monday Morning. The most unpopular day of the week, kinda like me. The least popular senior in my school. Being a nerd, I should love Mondays, because it gives me time at the place I love oh so much *note the sarcasm".

You know what? That's not accurate. I actually hate school, like almost every other person on the face of the Earth.

My alarm clock interrupts my angry thoughts, and I picked it up and threw it across the room. Feeling satisfied, I get out of bed and open my closet. I dress in simple clothes, a baggy sweater and skinny jeans. I slip on a ring from my grandma, praying that people won't take it.

I have to keep up this 'nerd' act if I want to keep my secret for the rest of the year.  It's one of the few things in my life that hasn't been destroyed by Tiffany Wilde, the queen of the school and bitchiest people I've ever met. She had it out for me. There were hundreds of people in this school, but she chooses me as her target? Bitch being awfully specific.

My blue eyes are still dull from waking up as I feebly attempt to do my hair. I'm pretty sure my mom will call me out about it later.

Eyes half open, I stumbled down the stairs, not really looking ahead of me. I walked to the kitchen table. My parents were sitting there as usual. My dad was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. My black hair reflected off of his. Except mine was dyed blue at the ends. My blue eyes came from my mom, who was also drinking coffee. Instead, my mom was on her phone, probably reading something, as she was scrolling.

The glasses on my face were fake. I've been like this for years now, but I know that my mom and dad have seen my rebellious side. I've let it come through sometimes. It's incredibly difficult to act all innocent and cute all the time. 

I quickly ate breakfast and rushed out the door. Didn't want anyone wondering why the nerd wasn't there early. I drove away in my navy Cadillac. Do I have another car? Yes. Do I use it for school? No.

As I arrive at this hell hole known as school, I peer through the entrance to see people's feet. Usually I go easy, tripping just for people's enjoyment and for the act. But today I wasn't having it. I stepped over every foot, some looked on in surprise. Many were angry that I wasn't getting hurt. People really have it out for me. Averting my eyes, I kept my face down so that a.) I would see the incoming feet and b.) I would be acting like the shy, pathetic nerd people thought I was.

But this brought me a large disadvantage. Specifically because I wasn't looking in front of me, I bumped into a chest. Daring to look up, I see that it's Nick, the largest jock, and might I add dickhead, staring down at me, unbridled rage flooding his eyes. Well shit. The devil's angry. But I ain't gonna fall for it today. Cause ain't nobody got time for that!

I noticed he had grabbed me by the arm and had started to drag me somewhere.

The janitor's closet. How cliche. I wasn't gonna deal with this bullshit today so I used my free hand to twist his wrist, so he let go of mine, and I gave him a sharp uppercut. He staggered back, and I ran like there was fire on my heels. Because I wasn't full on sprinting and still playing the best card, he caught up to me, grabbing my shirt from behind. "Okay I don't know what that was, but now you're gonna get it."

I pretend to be scared. A burst of confidence surges through me and my fighter personality takes over. I uppercut him again before kneeing him in the groin. A normal opponent would take the oppurtunity to grab my leg. But this was a stupid opponent. So, he didn't. Too caught up in surprise and likely pain, he was still doubled over, giving me time to escape successfully.

Ah, it felt refreshing to do that. He needed it anyway. Someone had to do it. Who would if I didn't?

Looking around, I made sure no one was behind me as I opened my locker.The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, signaling me someone was there. The presence was none other than queen bitch herself, Tiffany. She attempted to slam my locker but using my strength I held it open.

"Hey bitch, I need you to cover my classes, I'm skipping."

I stare at her for a few seconds before I burst into laughter. "You think I'm actually gonna listen to you? When have I ever before? So here's my answer: Fuck. No."

Tiffany scowls. "COVER. MY. CLASSES. OR YOU WILL REGRET IT."

I laugh harder. "Or what, Tiffany? What will you do? You've already taken everything valuable away from my life. What else do you want? My fucking virginity?"

A disgusted Tiffany stormed away, scowling.

I turned around only to come face to face with my best friend, Julia. Also known as Jumping Spider, considering she goes to the same club as I do. After all, we are a team.

"Jules, Nick just tried to beat me up."

"Um, I hope you kicked that son of a bitch back into reality!"

I laughed. "Yeah. I did. He was too shocked to even come after me."

Julia laughed. "That wimp. Anyway, I'll see you in class! I gotta go meet the teacher early."

I nodded. "Yeah you too."

Julia walked away. I grab my books and shut my locker door, to see Nick standing right in front of me. I laugh bitterly. I was right, he is a stupid opponent.

He eyes me, murderous range clear in his brown orbs. "I don't think we finished. Let's get back to where we were."

I smiled. But it wasn't a happy smile. It was more of an evil smile. I laughed. "You are even dumber than I thought. You want to get beat up again, but this time, in front of the entirety of the twelfth grade? Let's be real, Nick. You can't be that stupid."

He seems to get angrier with every word that comes out of my mouth. I smile. Now he will move without thinking.

Like I predicted, he aimed a punch straight for my face. Smirking, I dodge it and punch his stomach. He staggers back, giving me time. I push him with all my strength, making him fall to the ground. Agitated, I grab my books and walk away, leaving a very shocked Nick on the ground.

I sit in the front of the class, like the good little nerd I supposedly was. I was glad Nick wasn't in this class. Not that I was scared, I was just fed up with him.

I honestly think these people are idiots. They try'na test me?

I mean, I honestly can't blame them, I've been putting up the act for a long time.

The bell rings, signaling the beginning of the school day. I'll have a lot to deal with, for sure.

Let's be real, Nick.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you guys for taking a chance on this new story!
I'm new at this kind of story, so i'm sorry if the chap is crappy to ya :(

Also, I made a Facebook page for my book, it's just Grace Miller. My profile picture is me, my back facing the camera, and I'm on a bridge.

Edit: I decided to make this chapter longer, because there weren't any details whatsoever. I'll be gone for about two weeks at a fine arts camp, so I won't be active. See you in the edits, I Ran From The Alpha, or Invisible Imperfections, the new teen fiction book I'm releasing!

XOXOXO,
Grace Miller