Chapter 34: Drama

Warning: Suuuuuuuuper long chapter. Gather your favorite snacks, a blanket, and as much hype as you can because this chapter is, like the title says, full of DRAMA!

Faith's POV

Today was the day.

That was my first thought as I shot out of bed. I immediately started to fill my bag with contents for the club before getting dressed. I probably looked like an idiot; throwing clothes everywhere with a tornado on my head and my patterned pajamas.

I dressed in a simple cropped grey t-shirt and ripped denim shorts.

I still had a few dollars left from yesterday, so I decided to go grab some Starbucks and Jimmy John's.

I ate a hearty breakfast, some oatmeal and scrambled eggs. Until around 11:00, I mostly just walked around, watching a few YouTube videos and a tv episode here and there. I was practically waiting on time to go out. Excitement and anxiousness clouded my head; I felt like I wanted to punch a hundred faces, I was so hyped.

I did not believe 100% that I would win. Honestly, if this fighter is that well known, it should present a challenge.

Waiting impatiently, I looked up at the ticking clock in my living room and it read 11:02. Finally!

Swiftly I hopped in my car, turned on the gas, and raced right in time with the speed limit.

I'm beginning to feel like a rap god, rap god, all my people from the front to the back nod, back no- I turned off my car.

Too bad, that's a good song. I walked out of my car, carrying my purse as I shut the door. To my right was the Starbucks, the Jimmy John's was a store over from it. Convenient, I think. I walked to the Starbucks first, and thank god neither Tiffany nor her minions were there today.

I ordered my drink and went to sit in one of those comfy armchairs. Since the kind of drink I order usually takes a little longer to make, I take my phone out of my purse. I scroll down my contacts and press Julia's. I facetime her.

"Hey, Julia!"

"Hey, Faith! Say, we haven't been hanging out recently. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I rescheduled the party. Turns out something's going on at that time. I set it for the tenth, the Sunday after school gets out. Did you hear about that fighter coming to our club?"

I nodded "Yeah. I'm pretty sure i'm representing the club. It's a lot of pressure."

At the pickup area I hear my name. "Sorry, Jules, that's my cue. I gotta blast. See ya tonight?"

"Yeah. Good luck tonight!"

We bid goodbye and I went up to grab my drink. I sighed as I felt the cool coffee beverage slide down my throat.

Not only was this refreshing, it would give me a ton of energy for tonight. I needed to be careful, however, because too much energy could affect my decision making process.

I walked out of the Starbucks and only a few feet to Jimmy John's. I ordered my sandwich and stood, waiting.

I decided to text Julia. Not noticing where I was going, I walked right into a chest. I stumbled back, about to mutter an apology when I looked up.

I'd seen him before. He definitely doesn't belong to this town, surely I would've seen him walking around. And because he's toned like that, I think he could be a weight champion of some sort. I didn't know. So I decided to ask.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here. You traveling or something?"

"Well, yeah. I'm only here for the next day or two. I have business to do here. I'm Jack." He puts his hand out.