Chapter 16: She's With Me

"What the fucking hell..." said Tiffany. The rage could clearly be seen on her face. "What is she doing with you?" She asked Nick angrily. "She's with me. We're dating." He said calmly. I smiled and looked up at him.

She turned to face me. She strode up to me and got in my face. "He was supposed to end up with me. What did you do to him to make him like you? He's MINE." She said to my face. I looked at her calmly. "I'm not afraid of you anymore. So say what you want about this. But Nick didn't end up with you, and I did nothing on my part to 'make him like me.' He likes me. I like him. It's that simple."

I swear one of her eyes twitched, she was so mad. "Well, I have news for you. While I was gone I did some researching and found your street fighting club."

It was my turn to rage. "You did WHAT?!" I said, my voice echoing across the hallway. "I got your little friend Julia kicked out." She said with a smirk on her face. My face was surely red with anger. I punched her face on instinct. She clutched the part of her face that I punched and ran to the nurse. Surely she was going to tell the principal and I would be suspended, after having the nurse care for her nose. Yes, I hit her nose. I probably broke it too. Heh.

A few minutes later she came back, her nose wrapped in bandages and the principal, who was so mad I could see steam coming out of his ears. "I can't believe you punched Tiffany for no reason! That's a 1 week suspension!" He almost yelled at me. Nick looked angry. "Faith doesn't do things for no reason. Tiffany ruined one of the last good pieces of her life!" Then Tiffany started fake crying. Fake fuckin crying.

"I think she broke my nose! Wahh!" She said, but it was hard to make out since her nose was probably broken. "This is still unacceptable. You both are suspended for a week!" He said, and helped Tiffany. That's how these cliche principals are. Always on the queen bee's side. But nevertheless, I was suspended.

I angrily stormed back to my car. Nick caught up. "At least we're suspended together." He said, almost quietly. I looked up at him and smiled to myself. "Yeah. You're right. Why don't you come over after! But I'll be gone for an hour. I'm going to go punch some stuff. "

He smirked. "Badass."

I smirked back. "Yeah. Anyway, see you in an hour."

He nodded. I drove to the gym and went straight to the locker room. I changed into my exercise clothes and went straight to the punching bags. I started punching really hard, thinking about all of the shit in my life. As I kept punching, my anger slowly began to dissipate. After about 45 minutes, I was breathing deeply. I felt better. I changed back and drove to my mom's house. My mom works during the day, so she wasn't home. I relaxed on the couch, waiting for Nick to come. Suddenly my phone buzzed with a text from Nick.

I'll be about 25 minutes late. I have business to attend to at your streetfighting club.

I gasped. He would fix that for me?

I texted him back.

Ok. Are you going to help me get Julia back in the club? If you are I wish I could thank you in person.

I waited five minutes and he texted back.

Yeah I am. And don't worry you can😄

I sighed in relief. I remembered when I was the nerd and he was the one teasing me and beating me up. I used to think that I would never be with someone. I remembered a month ago when I wanted to kill myself. But that's gone. Long gone.

I actually have hope in my life now.