Chapter 32: June Bug

Thank you @FlameGoldenWolf for the AMAZING cover!

~~~

For once, the alarm clock woke me up quite calmly, as there were a few things to be positive about. For one thing, since it was the first of June, which meant that school was out in just over a week and Julia's party was in two weeks. Secondly, it was Friday. For this I was really excited because strange as it may sound, I've never been to a party.

Nerds don't go to parties. But that's not who I am anymore. I realize this decision was made quite literally overnight. But I wouldn't let them push me around anymore!

Aside from that, I rose from the silky sheets, grabbing a black tank top, maroon leather jacket, and ripped black shorts. It was summer after all, and I didn't want to be overheated in school.

I was thinking that I should change my hair. Maybe get a different color ombre than the blue I currently had. Red? I didn't know. Maybe for the summer. I came down the stairs, and I got dressed pretty fast this time, meaning I had time to kind of hang out.

Even the teachers were a little more relaxed in Fridays, and most of them never gave homework that day. For this, me and pretty much every person who went to that school rejoiced.

I ate breakfast, packed my bag to make sure it was ready, and sat down on the couch.

My mom was sitting as well, a steaming cup of coffee in her hand.

"Hey, mom? I met someone pretty cool at the club last night. And you won't believe who they're related to!"

My mom looked at me curiously before asking, "who is it? And who are they related to?"

I grinned. "Her name is Rebecca. Rebecca Wilde."

She was about to respond happily but then she paused. "Wait, Wilde?"

I nodded. "It's Tiffany's twin sister, and she's actually really cool. Julia invited her to her party in two weeks. "

My mom nodded slowly. "Okay, Faith. She sounds pretty cool and nice. Anyway, I think you have to go."

I looked at the clock and realized she was right. I grabbed my keys and backpack, striding out of the door to my car.

The ride to school was relatively uneventful, I mean what can happen in a 10-minute drive? As I pulled into a parking spot, I looked though the window and saw everybody on the sides of the pathway into the building. I also noticed that there was a shiny coating on the pathway. After taking roughly 5 seconds to analyze it, I concluded that it was one of Tiffany's worthless pranks, and that she was probably somewhere in the back or in the school, watching to see if it works.

It confuses me, that Tiffany is still willing to try to prank me after it went so true to plan last time. Note the sarcasm. Because of the exceptional traction on my shoes, I walked right through the crowd, which was already parted like the Red Sea, proudly. A few looked surprised. Others showed relief, or were dumbfounded. I smirked at Tiffany and her minions as their mouths were open higher than their heels.

"Nice try bitch." I said, still smirking.

I feel that ever since I transformed, Tiffany hasn't had as much leverage as she did. And she knows this too. While she used to kick me to the ground almost every day, now, she just pranks me once a week on rare occasions. I know that she realizes that there are consequences to angering me or pranking me. So why does she do it anyway? To get under my skin? To get herself hurt? I had no idea.

Nowadays, people never tripped me, or intentionally harmed me in any way. I mean, yeah, there were accidents, but nobody did it on purpose anymore.