Chapter 5: Faith's Secret

Nick POV
I could clearly see how differently Faith was mentioned now that she looks different. But all of this commotion also stirred confusion and curiosity. 

School had been quite the bore, as always, and right now, school was out for the day. So the one thing on my mind that interested me was Faith's sudden change. Had something happened at home? Why, in general, was she showing this apparently new side?

I wanted to find out. So, I let my curiosity control me as I scanned the area for Faith. Strangely, she wasn't there. She normally left a little late; she had to clean up some stuff. People still decided to ruin stuff of hers. Now, doing said things would piss her off and I would officially label them an idiot.

I know that Tiffany and her friends are idiots as well; Tiffany constantly thinks that I like her and she gets into crazy situations so it basically sets me up to 'save' her. Frankly, I rather hate her and her group.

A bit to the right, I spot Faith in the sea of people. She's with someone, her friend, probably. They're laughing and talking. I wonder what they're talking about?

After a laughing fit, they start to walk away from the school. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. Where was she going?

The way they were walking was lined with trees. If either one of them saw me, I'd be in deep shit.

Faith looked back a lot while they were walking; she looked uncertain.

They kept walking for a few minutes more, me still following them until they stopped at the gym. I went there sometimes. Did she?

I thought they were going into the gym until I saw them head toward the back. I heard a door open and footsteps gradually getting softer. I peeked around the corner of the building to see nothing. No one. I saw a closed door, light coming from the bottom crack. What was behind the door? I was dying to find out.

I open the door, and it doesn't make a sound. It leads to a staircase. I walk down the stairs, and I'm met with something that looks to be a club? What is this place?

I look around, to see if this is where Faith and her friend went, and indeed it is, I see Faith putting down a bag and taking off the thin jacket she had on.

She was wearing what looked to be fighting attire. Now, the curiosity that was kindling before had caught fire, did she fight?

For a few minutes she sat in silence, looking at her watch every thirty seconds or something like that.

She walked up to the roped-off area, and waited. A guy took the opposing side, he looked pretty buff. A bell sounded and I jumped up from the seat I'd taken, mistaking the situation for school. I laughed at myself.

I watch with bated breath as the two circle for roughly five seconds. Faith breaks the trance by uppercutting his jaw and flipping him over. He's out like a light. She makes it look so easy, like anyone could've just done what she did. But I know that skill requires lots of practice and training. Why was she that good? How long had she been part of, well, whatever this is?

After Faith finished, she stayed by the mat. The girl that she'd been hanging out with the whole time went up, and she fought another guy. She beat him by kicking him where the sun doesn't shine and while he keeled over, she got behind him and kicked him down. It was more of a challenge, I thought, than Faith had. Both of them ended up taking victory. I wonder how long they've been doing this.

Faith walked to the bench where she put her stuff. She looked up in my direction, and when she saw my face her face went from happy to shocked in seconds. Julia walked down to meet her, and when she followed Faith's stare, her mouth opened, and they looked at each other.

"Explain?" My voice came out a bit colder than I wanted it to. Faith scowls at me in disgust.

Faith sighed. "What is there to explain? You probably saw everything. So you know that Julia and I fight here. Now go back to your friends, tell them all about me. I'm sure they'd love another part of me to destroy." She said the last two statements with sarcasm and bitterness.

I was a little taken back by what she said. However, I could not blame her either. My friends treated her even worse than I used to. This incident gave me respect for her.

When I said nothing she stalked away in anger. I refrained from following her, because she wouldn't give me answers.

I walk out of the club, and walk back home.

Faith's POV

Now that Nick knows about my secret, soon everyone will. He'll tell his friends, and they'll tell everyone else. 

This whole thing turned into a disaster and it hasn't even been a day. 

But now, I'll never know what would happen if I stayed like a nerd, because I'm here to stay.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I know this chapter is REALLY SHORT but I think it's got a little action!

Next, chapter 6 will be taken down for editing. 

The next chapter is completely Faith's POV.

See you in the next chapter!

-Grace :)