Chapter 18: Flashbacks

Word count: 872

I was walking into the school when I slammed into a face I knew too well.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, fuming. Why the hell would she be mad about me being at school? Oh, right. I broke her nose, got her suspended for 2 weeks, and make her jealous because i'm dating Nick. Right. "You're. Not. Supposed. To. Be. Here!!" She yelled. I looked up, pretending to think. "Oh, yeah! Anyway, I better get going to spend even more time with Nick because him and I are suspended. Ta-ta!" I said as I started to walk away.

"You may be the badass bitch on the outside, but you're still the nerd you've always been." She shot at me as I walked away. That stopped me. I slowly, agonizingly turned around. "WHAT did you say?" I asked with a deadly calmness in my voice. "You'll always be the weak, vulnerable nerd." Tiffany stabbed at me. "Oh, did you use all your measly brainpower to use that word? I bet you did!" I shot back. THAT got her attention. Not wanting to get in trouble (again), her face contorted with anger and she strutted away to go complain to her friends about how I was the evil one.

Right.

I walked out of the school where Nick was waiting. "You just now figured it out?" He chuckled. I slapped him across the face and laughed. I drove home to watch some television. There was a shit ton of kids shows on, though. I went to Xfinity menu and selected a TV Series. I didn't know I had watched the whole day until I heard my mom unlock the door. I turned the TV off and got ready for bed. I decided tonight would be a good night to contemplate life. I sat on my bed, staring off into space. I thought of the previous month. Pretty big things have happened.

I almost got beat up, am dating the guy that wanted to beat me up, got my enemy suspended, got myself suspended, and I was about to kill myself.

Fuckin wow.

All this thinking has made me tired. And, as crazy as it may seem, I slept peacefully that night.

****************

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. I gladly shut it off, knowing i don't need it for another 2 days. I sat around the house with nothing to do. I looked outside. Rain. I shut the door, and looked at my brace covering my leg. I slowly took it off. I looked at my leg. It was bruised and limp. I put the brace back on, knowing it would be off in less than a month. I laid down on the couch, turning on the TV. I spent the rest of the day binge-watching my favorite series until my mom came home. She looked at me. "You know, if you're not training like you did when you fought, you won't be in good shape when you get back into the ring."

The words echoed in my head. When you get back into the ring. I instantly shot up into a standing position and grabbed my car keys. "Thanks for reminding me mom!" I quickly got out before the door closed behind me. I drive away as fast as the speed limit would let me. Dammit, I went faster. I parked in the lot by the gym and walked into the gym. I had missed the sound of music playing from headphones and the adrenaline rush of lifting weights. I look down at my boot and take it off to reveal my cast. It'll be easier to walk around. I went to a bench press and stacked on 400 for a warm-up, I needed to get back in shape. I know, 400 is a lot, but it's nothing in my regular schedule. I lifted it with ease, but I didn't stop. I did 19 more before I stacked 100 more on and did another 20. I kept going until I was lifting 900 pounds. After that I went to a punching bag. I punched for an hour before it started to get dark and I drove home. I felt tired, but great.

I went to bed that night with no regrets.

*******************

A bloodcurdling scream erupted from my mouth as I collapsed on the ground of the ring. I screamed while clutching my leg and laid there, not daring to move. A person I did not know took me outside and called ambulance. The rest of the time was a blur, as I agonizingly slowly lost consciousness.

*****************

I woke up, almost screaming. But all I let out was a barely audible squeak as I was forced to experience the memory that changed my life. My first mistake while fighting.

Would I ever fight the same, even after I'm allowed to?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope this chapter was slightly longer. Anyway, if anyone here is a supernatural fan (more specifically, werewolves), I have published a new book, called Unknown Abilities! I am so psyched about it! Check it out on my profile! Its my first time trying supernatural, so give me a chance! Thank you!

Grace ;)