Chapter 20: Stepping In

Should I? Even though I haven't prepared?
Word count: 1593
Faith POV
After hanging up, I sat in the couch, in wonder. I think I will fight. I want to feel the adrenaline rush I experience whenever I enter combat.

Some say it's useless. I say it's for self-defense. My life is based around fighting. I had started when I was only 15, which was 3 years ago. I remembered the day it started. --A/N I know this could have been in Flashbacks but it didn't seem right at the time, so here is part of the story of how she became a streetfighter.--

I had decided to stay at the gym a little longer. I wanted to be ready for tomorrow where I would surely be punched and kicked by everyone else tomorrow. Making my way out of the gym doors, I heard yelling and groans of pain by the back. I walked closer, slowly, making sure this wasn't just a prank by some of my classmates. Bullshit, they don't deserve to be called my classmates. I peered across the side of the building, and saw that the back door was open. I crept closer. After all, I hadn't given up on the prank idea. Even if it was a prank, I would still hand their asses to them on a plate. I looked inside. Not much could be seen, except stairs, presumably leading down to a different room. I listened again. Cheers and bodies slamming down onto a slightly soft surface. I went down a few stairs. Nobody seemed to notice me. I came closer. More of the area was in my vision now, and I could make out a bar, a stage-like area, which was the center of attention, and what looked to be a training area. Bitch you have a gym right above you!

I touched one foot on the hard ground. People were out of their seats at the "stage", leaning towards the roped area. The faint screams I heard before were deafening now. It was too crowded for anyone to see me, or at least it looked that way. "What is this place," I muttered in confusion.  I went to the bar, and looked at the guy behind the table. When he saw me his face contorted, his eyebrow raised in confusion. "What is a girl doing here?" He asked me, his face still twisted. "What the hell is this place?" I asked lowly, not wanting to catch attention. "You're in the Raven Club. This is a fighting club, so I suppose someone like you should get the hell out of here before you get noticed. "No. I want to join." I said, the words coming out before I could comprehend what I said. He turned to look at me, his eyes boring into me with competition. He hooted, and the entirety of the people there turned to him. "Someone here wants to join our club." Everyone in the club starting hollering as I was pushed up to the roped area. Thank the Lord I was not wearing my nerdy clothes. Someone else was pushed into this area as well. He looked beefy. "Alright, if you beat this guy here," The bartender said, gesturing to this guy, "You're in." I took in his words, as looked at the guy again. I cocked my head to the side, taking it in.

A bell sounded and he started toward me. That was the first time I felt it. A huge energy filled my body and I felt so pumped up I could run a marathon. I bounced on my feet, enjoying this new feeling. He went to throw a punch at me but I caught his arm and twisted it, with only my hand in his fist. I saw him flinch but quickly recover. Now it was my turn. I grabbed his still injured arm and flung him around and around before letting him go, leaving him off balance. I took that as my chance and punched him in the stomach. He keeled over, protecting his gut. Less than a minute later I had him pinned to the ground. The guy tapped out and I still felt the rush. I pumped my fist in the air and hollered. Me, the nerd. I was hollering. I grabbed a bottle of Gatorade and walked out. I knew I would come back here.

I always would.

"Faith? Faith! Earth to Faith!" I heard a voice calling me. It felt as if it was coming from a distance. I shook my head and looked up. Julia was there, standing in front of me. "Jules!" I said happily. We embraced each other as I sat back down. "So, what's up?" I asked curiously. Julia doesn't do things for no reason. "So, my dad bought this thing for me, and he said I could bring a friend or two." She said excitedly. "Ok, what the hell did you get?"