Chapter 19: Back to Reality

Okay, I can't believe I have almost 2,000 reads on this book! This is crazy! Thank you all giving me a chance on this book! I love you all <3 anyway, aside from that, if anyone reading this likes WereWolf books then I think you would like my new book, unknown abilities! So, go check it out!

Word count: 709

I woke up feeling sore in my arms. I couldn't believe it! I was never sore! I knew why though. I would go back today. I ate breakfast quickly and rushed out the door. I drove over to the gym. I was already in my workout clothes. I went in and stretched. I then did lunges with 50 pound weights and put them down. I spent an hour alone at the punching bag. I needed to be prepared for when I fight again. After 3 hours of training I went to Wendy's and got a triple cheeseburger. I simply drove home after that. I sat on my couch, texting people. I didn't dare fall asleep, I didn't want to suffer the dreams that postponed my career. I decided to check my email cause why not? I went into Gmail and saw a note from my doctor. I instantly opened it and read it.

Dear Faith, we realized we made a mistake. Your brace isn't being taken off in 4 weeks. It's being taken off in 4 days. Thank you for your time.

Sent March 17

That was yesterday! I thought with joy.  My heart suddenly surged in my chest when I realized in less than a week I would be fighting again. It took all of my self-control and dignity to not scream with ecstasy around the house. Without a doubt I took a picture and sent it to everyone who cared. My mom, Nick, and Julia were the only ones that replied. I smiled. People cared. I hobbled up the stairs and flopped onto my bed. I took off my boot, it made it more comfortable. I sighed. There was nothing to do, since I already went to the gym today. And while I was thinking this I somehow fell asleep.

***************

When I woke up that next morning I didn't bother putting the boot on. Yes, I had one more day until it was official, but what could possibly happen in a day?

Oh wow, I'm feeling nostalgic to that one day when a lot of stuff happened. I try not to think about that fateful day. Since it was Saturday I decided to put my boot on, because I was getting it officially taken off. I bid my mom a good morning and headed to the doctor's office.

Once I was there I signed in and anxiously waited. In my mind I was pacing back and forth in the room. After what seemed like hours, I heard a nurses voice say, "Faith Lilith? This way please." I almost flinched as I heard the words. But, with a stride in my step, I went to the nurse. She led me to a room.

Once the doctor came, she took the boot and cast off. Of course, it didn't hurt anymore but it just felt weird to see my leg again after 2 months.

She talked to me about exercise for my leg. In my mind I was jumping in joy, thinking about how soon I could get back to fighting. She finished and dismissed me. I walked, yes, walked out of the doctor's office.

I drove home and collapsed on my couch. I had absolutely nothing to do. So why not go to Starbucks. I went, ordered a caramel frappe, and sat there drinking it.

I went through the rest of my day, thinking about nothing until that night, when I got a call.

"Falcon! Haven't talked to you in a while! Want to fight tomorrow? Even though I don't see why you wouldn't." Said my manager, Mike.

Should I, even though I haven't prepared?

Hello everyone!

I know you wanted an update so here it is!

So, Faith is going to start fighting again!

Anyway, I know this chapter probably wasn't very good, but I promise to make it up to you!

Vote

Comment

Follow!

;) Grace