Chapter 17: Finally, Some Free Time

I sat in my living room, waiting for Nick to arrive. After 15 minutes, I got up and blended a smoothie. I sat down again, sipping the sweet smoothie. After what seemed like forever, he knocked on the door. I opened the door and let him in. He smiled and hugged me.

"You're really different when you're around me." I observed, turning my intense gaze at him. "Again, center of attention thing, right?" He said.

"Faith, if we're dating, why haven't we kissed?" I looked away, surely blushing. I looked into his eyes and we leaned in. His lips brushed mine. We crashed our lips together. I wouldn't have broken away if I hadn't needed to breathe. I looked up at him and smiled. "Do you want anything?" I asked. He nodded. "I think I want what you're having." He said, gesturing to the smoothie in my hand. I grinned and turned to the blender.

After a few minutes we sat on the couch, and I was leaning on his shoulder, the way those cute couples did on those cheesy sitcoms. I turned on the TV and went to Netflix. I looked up at him. "What do you want to watch?" I asked him. He looked down at me. "How about something... funny?" He suggested. I cocked my head to the side, considering his idea. I nodded and turned on AFV (America's funniest home videos). As I watched the montages of funny clips, I began to laugh, which I don't do very often anymore. As the clips got funnier, I laughed harder and harder. Finally I stopped, looking away so I could breathe and not burst into laughter. He was laughing along. We looked at each other. "Your laugh is cute." He said, smirking. Suddenly I turned to face him. "Oh hell no, nobody calls me cute!" I said in mock hurt. "The Falcon is NOT CUTE! The Falcon is fierce! The Falcon is strong, and maybe pretty, but not cute!" I said, concluding my little rant. He chuckled. "Fine. You're strong." He said with a joking smile on his face. "THANK you!" I said jokingly. We started laughing together.

I looked at him again, slightly serious this time. "Hey, what did you do about my club?" I said, referring to the club I fought at. He looked at me and smiled. "I cleared your friend. I also told them you'd be coming back soon." He said. My heart rose and I felt joyful and ecstatic. I had almost forgotten! "Only 4 more weeks to go!" I exclaimed happily. I hadn't noticed that the episode of AFV had finished. We sat there, cuddling, and I eventually fell asleep next to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning against Nick's chest. I sighed and pretended I was still sleeping. I heard my mom's footsteps echo from her room. We only had minutes. "Nick! Wake up!" I quietly yelled at him. His eyes quickly opened. "My mom's coming she can't see you! I think it would be best if you were formally introduced." I said calmly. He grabbed his bag and was out the door in 2 minutes. And just in time, too. "Good morning, Faith." My mom said, yawning. I casually leaned on the couch. "Morning, mom." I said neutrally. She went to the kitchen. I looked at the clock. 6:15am. Shit! The bus will be here in 15 minutes! I thought.

"Um, I already had breakfast, and I want to go early," I lied. I actually planned on getting breakfast at Tim Hortons and StarBucks. "Ok." She said, yawning loudly. I scrambled to get my stuff ready and sprinted out the door.

After I got my StarBucks and Tim Hortons, I drove to the school, meeting Julia and Nick on the sidewalk outside the school.  We talked as we walked into the school.

Unexpectedly, we were met with the fuming face of Tiffany.