Chapter 30: Is That You?

WARNING: MIND BLOW LATER IN CHAPTER. BE PREPARED TO DROP YOUR PHONE, TABLET, ETC.

I stood there, in my room, frozen with shock. I knew the person on the phone.

Why in the name of hell would he call me? And why now? Why did he change his phone number?

"Sweetie! It's nice to talk to you. I really wish you could let me visit. I haven't seen you in months! Of course your mom won't let me come, but what about you? Can you convince her?"

I still hadn't found out why my dad left. They had never argued, so what came up? "Sorry dad, I need to go for a minute. I'm gonna put you on hold, 'kay?"

"Sure honey."

And with that I went downstairs.

~~~

I went downstairs to see my mom cooking breakfast. With genuine curiosity, I asked, "mom? I understand if this is personal or anything, but why did you and dad get a divorce?"

She turned to face me, a surprised expression graced her face. "Oh, it's fine Faith." She paused for a moment.

"Your father was cheating on me."

I stood there, paralyzed with shock. "The fuck? With who?" I demanded to know. How dare my father ask for forgiveness when he cheated on my mom? I don't even want to call him my father!

"You know mom, I might just go and kick her ass for you."

She shook her head. "Faith, it's okay. I want no more hard feelings."

I shook my head, still comprehending the situation. I scarfed down my breakfast and grabbed my bag. I didn't want to be stand-offish, but hell I was pissed. A scowl made its way onto my face as I drove to school.

~~~

The angry expression had glued itself onto my face and it wouldn't go away. But can you blame me?

Nick seemed to notice. He looked down at me, genuine concern in his eyes. "Faith, what's wrong?" I sighed. "My dad cheated on my mom." I said, the anger evident in my tone. His look changed from concern to one of irritability. "Oh. I'm sorry, Faith. But anyway, do you just want to skip today?"

I smirked. "I really should have thought of that." And I went to my car, hearing the roar of my black convertible as I sped away, following Nick's car to his house.

~~~

His car parked at a large beige house, with large windows, and a slanted driveway. Overall, his house was really nice. He got out of his car and stepped inside, and I followed. The inside was nice as well. The walls were painted white, and the furniture was lavish. "What, are you rich?" I asked with surprise. He nodded. "Want me to give you a tour?" He asked indifferently. I nodded. "Sure, I wanna know where the bathroom is first. And the kitchen and the refrigerator. I was hesitant about dating you because... well.... food." I said, a smirk etched on my face. He gasped. "You almost rejected me for food?" He asked in mock offense. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Note that I said almost."

He smiled back and I opened my mouth to speak again. "Were you invited to the graduation party?" He looked down at me and nodded. "Good." I said. He grinned. As I said, he first showed me the kitchen, which, by the way, is huge. I can already imagine fridge raids... mhm. Then we went upstairs, and he showed me his room, the guest room,and the bathroom. I was getting kinda bored. "Nick I'm getting pretty bored. Want to just watch Netflix for the rest of the day?"