Chapter 36: Back In Business [LAST CHAPTER]

Faith's POV

Unexpectedly her lips connected with mine.

I awoke in a daze; I forgot where I was or what was going on. I was confused by the medical machines beside me.

A doctor came in and introduced herself as Bianca. "So, Faith, how are you feeling?" She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "A bit tired. What actually happened?"

She looks at her clipboard. "You passed out after getting hit in the head multiple times, you sustained several bruises, a broken arm, and an extremely mild concussion."

It could have been much worse, I think to myself. I got off pretty easy. Bianca tends to my wounds and picks up her clipboard again.

"We will be able to release you tomorrow evening. You were in a coma for about a week."

"A week?" I did a double take.

"Yes. Your bruises are doing well, your arm should be healed in two weeks; it's a hairline fracture." I looked down at my left arm, which was in a thin cast. The only thing I thought at that point was, ugh, not again.

***

The rest of that day and most of the next day were relatively uneventful; I mostly just slept, ate, got test results back. It's disappointing.

But I was ecstatic to go home. Doctors took the IVs out of my arms, and my mom didn't seem to mind paying the bill. I got a look of the price, and I had one thing to say.

HOLY SHIT. THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY.

I was a bit concerned that my mom would pay it, but she did. The doctors put a splint on my arm, so I couldn't move it. I was a little upset, but happy it would heal fast, unlike my leg a few months ago.

My mom and I were the only ones in our car. I had gotten my phone back from Nick, I remember how I narrowed my eyes and threatened him when I saw him with it. I picked it up, and pressed the call button.

"Julia?"

"Yeah, Faith, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. What happened?"

"Oh, we had no homework in school, and you won that fight, in case you didn't remember."

I didn't. I hadn't remembered. But hearing those words made my heart swell with pride. They replayed in my head. My second thought was school. I hadn't missed anything.

"Yeah, do you know anything about what we're doing tomorrow in school?"

Julia just started laughing. Really hard. "Faith, you missed the last day of school."

While I was happy I wouldn't have to go to school, I was a little sad because I missed the graduation ceremony. And yearbook signing. That sucks.

"But wait, doesn't that mean that your party was yesterday?" I asked. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be yesterday.

"Because of this whole deal, I rescheduled it again, for the Sunday, which is today. It's five o' clock, in case you forgot to check, and the party starts at seven. I suggest you get your ass ready." Julia says, a sudden optimism in her voice. I smiled. Julia was still Julia, even if her best friend just woke up from a coma.

"Mom, hit it! I have a party at seven to get to!"

"Faith, you're probably knocked out. Are you sure you should go."

"I can just get a venti from Starbucks! Just go!"

The hospital wasn't very far, and neither was the Starbucks. We stopped at the last mentioned first; as I said I got a venti iced vanilla coffee. We raced against the speed limit to get home.