The Battle Ending and Talk With Fuji

A/N: um... sorry I had computer troubles yesterday and again this morning so I ended up borrowing my friends lap top to post this. SORRY!

Anyway as promised the continuation of last chapter. It was originally one full thing but as you can see it got long so I separated it. Enjoy.

-

-

-

-

After a couple of minutes of just eyeing each other to see who would make the first move, Echizen muttered a spell. As his words fell from his lips several small water droplets started to form at his sides. Soon the droplets took the shape of sharp spikes. At the end of his spell the water spikes shot forward at an alarming speed. Each one went in different twists and turns making it difficult to predict. Arai struggled to dodge each and every one, a few hitting him here and there. At first the hits were only slightly painful, making Arai smile believing Echizen had poor magic skills. But then the places he was hit started to burn and melt away his skin. Arai had to hold back a scream that threaten to pass his lips. He was not used to burning sensations, because Arai was had fire magic he never felt the pain from a burn before.

"Hmm Acidic water." Yukimura said softly.

Sanada nodded. "Clearly Arai seems to be at a disadvantage."

"Acidic water?" Eiji asked.

Yukimura and his team turned to the new voice.

"A-Ah, sorry your highness." Eiji said then bowed slightly. "I'm kikumaru Eiji. I am on the same team as Echizen."

"With Momo right?" Jackal asked.

"Yup!" Eiji said smiling.

"Ah so he was the new vampire Momo has been bragging about." Jackal muttered to himself.

Yukimura looked at Eiji with curiosity. "Yes, well about your question. Echizen seems to be using what I like to call Acid rain magic. Every time the water hits something, it should start to melt."

"Oh."

"Did Echizen not tell you?" Marui asked. "He is on your team."

"No he ran away every time we tried asking. I was trying to convince him to tell me when Arai had come by and challenged him."

Yukimura frowned a little. "On behalf of Arai's behavior, I apologize." He said tilting his head down slightly.

Eiji frantically waved his hands in front of his face. "N-No need it wasn't your fault that it ended up like this."

"Still, as Prince of the Fairies Arai is under my responsibility."

"But his behavior would have been expected right? Echizen was originally thought to be a Human." Eiji said.

Marui and Nio raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything.

"Hmm, Arai hasn't attacked in a while." Kirihara, who was actually still paying attention to the battle, said. At his words everyone turned their attention back onto the field to continue watching.

Echizen had constantly been using the same spell over and over again. Arai had carefully watched the paths of the water spikes hoping to find a pattern. He clicked his tongue realizing they really were random attacks. Best to try and attack while Echizen is still chanting the spell. So when Arai noticed Echizen start to mutter a few words, he instantly tried to cast his own spell quickly. Several large fireballs of different sizes and heat levels were sent towards Echizen. Because Ryoma tried to doge them all it interrupted his spell. Arai smiled as his plan worked. Right away he started on his next spell. Several small tiny flames surrounded Echizen at all sides. At the end of Arai's spell the flames each exploded one by one without warning. He kept sending the small flames over and over again at Echizen, until all anyone could see was a cloud of smoke. Arai watched the smoke for a very long time waiting until it cleared away. He learned his lesson last time he tried to turn his back on his opponent without first checking their status. As the smoke faded Echizen was nowhere to be seen. Arai frantically looked around trying to find even a glimpse of where the boy had gone. Did he actually end up obliterating him? Arai grinned at the thought, but suddenly he felt a presence behind him and a voice whispered in his ear.